Four more back to life

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MTPhono
Victor III

Four more back to life

Post by MTPhono »

Thank you Wyatt Markus for the great service and work - I now have all 4 Diamond Disc players back to life. Excellent work at a fair price and done quickly - what more could be asked for? Highly recommended!
Attachments
2020-09-23 15.24.13.jpg

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Re: Four more back to life

Post by barnettrp21122 »

Nice lineup! And good to have them all in top-notch playing condition.
Lately I've put a very small label (easily removed) underneath my serviced reproducers so I can keep track of what's been done:
Edisonic reproducer with label.jpg
Bob

PS: Label should say "Wyatt Markus" but you get the point! :D
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

There is no substitute for quality or good workmanship. If you could zoom out a bit it would be nice to see that Edison Concert and cabinet.

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

barnettrp21122 wrote: Lately I've put a very small label (easily removed) underneath my serviced reproducers so I can keep track of what's been done :D

Ditto. I routinely send batches of reproducers to Wyatt and as soon as they return I put I.D. tags on them. I've recommended to him that he should have some sort of removable tag or sticker.

Raphael

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

Django wrote:There is no substitute for quality or good workmanship. If you could zoom out a bit it would be nice to see that Edison Concert and cabinet.
Here you go - I may have zoomed out a little far but I already had this picture. If you want more detail pics of the Concert/Cabinet please let me know. The cabinet is a genuine Concert cylinder cabinet. The Concert has a Polyphone setup. I call this "The Oak Room" for obvious reasons.
Attachments
2018-08-20 15.34.00.jpg
Last edited by MTPhono on Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

barnettrp21122 wrote:Nice lineup! And good to have them all in top-notch playing condition.
Lately I've put a very small label (easily removed) underneath my serviced reproducers so I can keep track of what's been done:
Edisonic reproducer with label.jpg
Bob

PS: Label should say "Wyatt Markus" but you get the point! :D
Great idea - one that I will likely steal from you. Thanks!

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Post by Granby »

Beautiful display!

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

MTPhono wrote:
Django wrote:There is no substitute for quality or good workmanship. If you could zoom out a bit it would be nice to see that Edison Concert and cabinet.
Here you go - I may have zoomed out a little far but I already had this picture. If you want more detail pics of the Concert/Cabinet please let me know. The cabinet is a genuine Concert cylinder cabinet. The Concert has a Polyphone setup. I call this "The Oak Room" for obvious reasons.
Those are awesome machines, I particularly admire the large Under glass cabinet (and I spot the echophone and stollwercks)

Martin

MTPhono
Victor III

Post by MTPhono »

Mormon S wrote:
MTPhono wrote:
Those are awesome machines, I particularly admire the large Under glass cabinet (and I spot the echophone and stollwercks)

Martin
It's a Class M under glass - my wife likes it so she allows it in a public part of the house. The rest of the collection is forced into hiding (basement) where she rarely goes.