Paramount model XV serial # 825 in Alaska

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
SteveinAlaska
Victor Jr

Re: Paramount model XV serial # 825 in Alaska

Post by SteveinAlaska »

Ok, back with some images. Sometime in it's recent past(last 15-20 yrs) it was "serviced" (probably wrong type grease). The governor has a broken blade, you can hear the springs pop & snap as they unwind along with the rumble from the rest of the motor. I am going to clean the cabinet with non-abrasive Go-Jo hand cleaner and than some Howard's Feed-N-Wax. Didn't bother taking an image of the reproducer as it clearly is broken, wrong size, etc. The double spring motor is a Krasberg and has the letter "S" stamped near the makers stamp. I started my mechanic career in Chicago in 1970 in a Buick agency and caught the last of the DynaFlow automatic transmission work that was there, so this shouldn't take me long. Just want to put the right parts and repairs into the machine.
Attachments
L1010519.JPG
L1010526.JPG
L1010529.JPG
L1010528.JPG
L1010525.JPG
L1010518.JPG

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

Post by ChesterCheetah18 »

AmberolaAndy wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:
ChesterCheetah18 wrote:No, Andy, it certainly wasn't. It was posted by someone with a certain sense of irony, which apparently, you don't grasp.
Like some people don't grasp sarcasm?
I was just joking... sorry. :oops: I didn’t mean you personally. :(
Well. Andy, I'm certainly embarrassed. I completely misconstrued your posts, and wound up acting like a total jerk. For that I sincerely apologize. I hope there's no bad feelings. I would also like to apologize to Steve for unintentionally hijacking your thread. Back to the Paramount machine!

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

ChesterCheetah18 wrote: Well. Andy, I'm certainly embarrassed. I completely misconstrued your posts, and wound up acting like a total jerk. For that I sincerely apologize. I hope there's no bad feelings. I would also like to apologize to Steve for unintentionally hijacking your thread. Back to the Paramount machine!
It’s ok Chester. It’s the internet, And sometimes the tone of some words on a screen compared to face to face discussion get lost. I’m over it. It’s fine. :)