Oxidized Diamond B Reproducer

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
edisonclassm
Victor II

Oxidized Diamond B Reproducer

Post by edisonclassm »

35 years ago I bought this oxidized diamond B reproducer from a dealer at Union. I have only seen a weight from one since. Are there any more out there? If so I would like to know. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_4641 (2).jpg
IMG_4639.jpg
IMG_4640.jpg

JohnM
Victor V

Re: Oxidized Diamond B Reproducer

Post by JohnM »

Californicated.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

Good one John!

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

Although I don't own one and have never seen one before, I see no reason this wouldn't be genuine, although probably extremely rare.
The oxidation seems consistent on the weight with both my Diamond A and Model M reproduces for my A1, and the top seems consistent with the oxidised carriage of the Idealia.
I don't imagine anyone with an Idealia they were upgrading to play BA's would have been happy with a nickel plated Diamond B, so they must have been made even though demand would have been extremely limited.

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

It is genuine all right. As you can see the copper noodles have faded away on the top housing but are still present on the weight. A number of years ago I saw another Diamond B that was nickel plated but having the oxidized weight. Kind of peculiar I would say but original as it was the practice back then not to throw anything away that was still usable. I am sure these were special order for the Idelias. Every Idelia I have ever seen has had a nickel plated reproducer except for the earlier ones with the smaller carriage whereas it is normal to see the oxidized Model-C or H. I did see an Idelia in Canada once that had the smaller carriage sporting a nickel plated Model-S reproducer. I use this one on my Model-D Idelia with the larger upright carriage

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Now to find the rest of the Idelia! What a neat find.