Amberola A-VI parts needed

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Amberola A-VI parts needed

Post by JerryVan »

Fish wrote:Thanks JohnM. I guess I knew it is a horn but for some reason used speaker.

And thanks for the drawings JerryVan. I assume that rivet can be bought somewhere? I'll check the links on here as well.
I honestly don't know if any of the suppliers sell them. I make my own, and would do so for you too, but my shop is kind of torn up right now.

mark gaisser
Victor O

Post by mark gaisser »

JerryVan wrote:
Fish wrote:Thanks JohnM. I guess I knew it is a horn but for some reason used speaker.

And thanks for the drawings JerryVan. I assume that rivet can be bought somewhere? I'll check the links on here as well.
I honestly don't know if any of the suppliers sell them. I make my own, and would do so for you too, but my shop is kind of torn up right now.
hello,

email me a picture of the spring barrel i think i have the whole thing in stock for you.

kind regards,
mark and d'arcy
croakinfrog@yahoo.com

Fish
Victor Jr
Personal Text: I can fix it!

Post by Fish »

I got a hold of Ron Sitko and he is sending me a new spring and rivet. I'll post again if I run into issues.

Now to work on getting the stuck bearings out of the bed plate so I can clean all the parts.

c5fan
Victor I

Post by c5fan »

You can check with Ron Sitko again for the rivet. I have been buying them for years from him. Saved quite a few shafts.

Fish
Victor Jr

Post by Fish »

Quick question. Does anyone know if the bearings on an A-VI are pot metal? I'm thinking not, although these are stuck worse than any I've seen. I've only been able to remove the mandrel, spring and the governor.

Fish
Victor Jr

Post by Fish »

Here’s a pic of three of the bearings I’m trying to remove. I’ve soaked them in PB Blaster multiple times over the past 2 days and none of them will budge. Any advice is appreciated.
Attachments
2BBACAE9-8E2E-4D95-8873-5093032977EE.jpeg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Fish wrote:Here’s a pic of three of the bearings I’m trying to remove. I’ve soaked them in PB Blaster multiple times over the past 2 days and none of them will budge. Any advice is appreciated.
I think you'll find that they're "glued" in place with old, dried-up oil. I usually recommend heat to melt the old oil, but would shy away from that here, due to possible damage to the paint. Maybe try a hair dryer to warm it up?