Does this VV-50 look like fumed oak?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Re: Does this VV-50 look like fumed oak?

Post by gramophoneshane »

Well it's certainly the correct date then. I also just had a look at mine, and notice the HMV version is held on at the top by 2 screws, but the Victor version only has one, so it must be correct for the machine. This is the first Victor I've seen with that style of container, so it's nice to have learned Victor also used them, and that they differ slightly from the HMV type.
Attachments
needle container 101 001.JPG

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I just read the posting from Tink where she expressed disappointment that the craigslist seller of the mint VV-50 with carrying case would not ship. I would like to suggest that there's a network of friendly collectors all over the country and many of those collectors get together at the big phono shows. I've picked up machines from all over the Northwest and points between here and Union and delivered them to new owners at Union. You'd be amazed how many presold machines are delivered at Union. Jerry Blais

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

That's a great suggestion, and very true Jerry, although you could extend that to all over the world!.
I've also had 2 members here- Steve in UK & Shane in USA, help me out with ebay sellers who wouldn't ship, much to my appreciation. It's not always what you know but who you know I guess, and knowing some great guys here on the forum has proved very helpful in feeding my obsession when i've been stuck between a rock and a hard place :D

Brad
Victor III
Personal Text: So many phonographs, so little money

Post by Brad »

Shane wrote:
This machine has traveled quite a long way!
Well Shane, it is a portable after all! :lol:
Why do we need signatures when we are on a first avatar basis?