The Busy Bee question

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
edisonclassm
Victor II

The Busy Bee question

Post by edisonclassm »

I recently picked up a pristine Busy Bee Q phonograph with 10 minty mint Busy Bee cylinders. Before I had a chance to play any of the the cylinders, a fellow collector asked me if they were announced "Busy Bee Record"? Well, I played through
all of them and some were announced(title and artist) and some were not but none were announced with "Busy Bee Record at the end of the announcement. I had in the past picked up a few other Busy Bee cylinders so I dug them out and played through all of them too. Lo and behold the very last cylinder that I played announced "Marching through Georgia by Harlan and Stanley, Busy Bee Record"! I guess that answered my friend's question but the question I pose to the forum members who are so lucky to have some Busy Bee cylinders in playable condition is, what other titles out there are announced with Busy Bee Record in the announcement? I would love to know just out of curiosity.

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Re: The Busy Bee question

Post by ChuckA »

Paul,

I listened to 11 Busy Bee records only 4 were even announced, none with "Busy Bee" in the announcement.

Chuck

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

Out of 9 BB records only two were announced as Busy Bee Recordings. Where are the numbers on these records?

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

The numbers are often but not always printed on the title end of the record. Some of the records have no printing on them and probably relied on the announcement or record slips to identify them. Russie, what are the titles and artists of the records you have that are announced "Busy Bee Record"

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

Anybody out there have a Record Catalog for Busy Bee Cylinder Records?

Phonomark
Victor II

Post by Phonomark »

Paul-

Here's what I have relied upon in the past: https://www.78discography.com/BusyBeeCyl.htm

Mark

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

Thanks Mark, Gary. The announced copy I have of Marching through Georgia by Harlan and Stanley Busy Bee Record is listed on Mark's list as Gilmore's Band. I wonder if they made a couple of different versions using the same number?

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

This stuff can drive sane people crazy... I'm showing #128 and all it says is Vocal duet on what I believe is a reproduction catalog. No artist named.

blizz
Attachments
bb catalog.jpg
marching.jpg