Edison Home Model B Pinstriping

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Jerry In Maine
Victor Jr

Edison Home Model B Pinstriping

Post by Jerry In Maine »

Looking for closeup pics of a Edison Home Model B Bedplate (front, top, back). Someone had stripped them off before I started restoration of mine so I dont have a guide as to the striping details. Looked on the internet and found some pics that help but could still use some close ups.

thanks for any help!

randymullx
Victor O

Re: Edison Home Model B Pinstriping

Post by randymullx »

The detail here is not great, but perhaps these will help you a little.
Attachments
IMG_4165.jpg
IMG_4168.jpg
IMG_4166.jpg
IMG_4167.jpg
IMG_4164.jpg
IMG_4163.jpg

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

The striping changed a bit on from the early Home Model B to the later Home Model B. Mostly having to do with the Upper Bedplate striping in the Right Front corner.. The early machines had a Spiral hand stenciled, and the mid to later machines did not have the Spiral and the corner was just squared off... I just happen to own both examples... The fronts are stenciled differently as are the top of the machines....Amazingly, The stenciling is quite different on both machines... Early vs. Late . Both machines are unrestored Edison Model "B" Originals.

Serial# H151647 Pic#1 (Spiral) - Left Factory October 1905

Serial# H187598 Pic#2 (No Spiral) - Left Factory March 1906

(See Pics Below:)

What is your Serial Number?!??? If you supply it, We can get you the correct stenciling pattern for your machine and time period. I can add pics of the tops of the machines tomorrow on request..

PS: Sorry about the Dust, They both need a good cleaning!....but they both work wonderfully!

:o)

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer
Attachments
H151647-Pic#1.jpg
H187598-Pic#2.jpg

FellowCollector
Victor IV

Post by FellowCollector »

Jerry In Maine wrote:Looking for closeup pics of a Edison Home Model B Bedplate (front, top, back).
Jerry,
Here's a few pictures of an Edison Home model B in my collection. Hope they're helpful to you.

Doug
Attachments
IMG_6753.JPG
IMG_6752.JPG
IMG_6754.JPG