How Do We Know it's 2021?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

How Do We Know it's 2021?

Post by phonogfp »

We know it's 2021 because it's time to join/renew membership in the Antique Phonograph Society!

Members receive:

* The satisfaction of knowing that their dues help pay for outreach to folks who have never heard of an antique phonograph. (Have you encountered the recent APS paid Facebook ads?)

* A quarterly full-color 54-60 page magazine crammed with informative articles, beautiful pictures, and advertisements from our hobby's foremost service/parts providers.

* Access to an online Library of over 30,000 SEARCHABLE pages of phonographic documents dating from 1890 to the present, including all back issues of the APS magazine.

Check out the different member levels here:

https://www.antiquephono.org/join-us-home/

George P.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Re: How Do We Know it's 2021?

Post by AmberolaAndy »

phonogfp wrote:We know it's 2021 because it's time to join/renew membership in the Antique Phonograph Society!

Members receive:

* The satisfaction of knowing that their dues help pay for outreach to folks who have never heard of an antique phonograph. (Have you encountered the recent APS paid Facebook ads?)

* A quarterly full-color 54-60 page magazine crammed with informative articles, beautiful pictures, and advertisements from our hobby's foremost service/parts providers.

* Access to an online Library of over 30,000 SEARCHABLE pages of phonographic documents dating from 1890 to the present, including all back issues of the APS magazine.

Check out the different member levels here:

https://www.antiquephono.org/join-us-home/

George P.
Any articles planned for the 100th anniversary of the VV-50?

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

......and the 100th anniversary of Caruso's passing on 2nd August 1921.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

AmberolaAndy wrote: Any articles planned for the 100th anniversary of the VV-50?
epigramophone wrote:......and the 100th anniversary of Caruso's passing on 2nd August 1921.
The only articles I'm privy to beforehand are my own!

It wouldn't surprise me if Bob Baumback should be planning something on the VV-50. But it would surprise me if Caruso were neglected.

George P.