Victor Factory Print

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
WantATreat
Victor Jr

Victor Factory Print

Post by WantATreat »

Does anyone know what the value of this Victor factory print is? It is an original and nicely framed as you can see in the picture. It belongs to an old time collector I know who is parting with most of his collection.
Attachments
DSC03377.JPG

Garret
Victor IV

Re: Victor Factory Print

Post by Garret »

It's one of those things that shows up sparingly enough that it is hard to put a price on it, other than whatever the market is willing to bear at that time. On that note...

"Whaddya gotta have for it?" :D

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

The value of the professional matte & framing might run a few hundred dollars. The print itself is most likely worth a few hundred on top of that. Not sure if that's helpful or not, but maybe adds perspective?

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

How big is it? :?:
Best regards ... AZ*

Skihawx
Victor III

Post by Skihawx »

Is there any evidence of creases in the print? I believe something like this was offered as a fold out in a Voice of the Victor.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

What does the "old time collector" want for it???
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

HMVDevotee
Victor I
Personal Text: Spin'em Fast!

Post by HMVDevotee »

Well, this brings back memories... 60+ years later...

After WWII, my father got his start with RCA in the recording research facility indicated with the blue mark on the image below. I remember waiting in my Mom's Packard for him to exit the building after work. I believe the only two remaining buildings are the "Nipper Building", now condominiums, the tower of which is indicated with the red circle, and the old Executive Offices building, indicated with the green circle. The only other building of significance still standing, in yellow, is a museum in Johnson Park.

I found a reference online that claims this is a 1924 view of the plant and that it was "cover art" for the October 1924 edition of "Voice of the Victor." For anyone interested, if you search for "victor plant Camden" you can find information on the history of the facility as well as a recent (past 15 years) effort to save the old executive office building and the business (recording) records found within.

R.
Attachments
victorplant.JPG
victorplant.JPG (68.48 KiB) Viewed 1403 times

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Post by Granby »

I think I will fall in line behind the others and ask, how much?

Oh, and where are you located (since shipping will be a factor, no doubt...) Again, please place my inquiry/note after the others who have already inquired.

Take care,

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

For what it is worth-Since this was my business for nearly 40 years and still is for a small group of customers and institutions. the molding is made by Larsen jewel and company and runs about $25.00 a foot. From what I see in the photo the mats are not acid free so I would replace them, and for long term value you might want to check to see if the item was "dry mounted" a process that will flatten an item permanently, but is very destructive to the paper. It can be removed-done a lot of that work-but it is time consuming and expensive.

Based on the mats I would assume, that was done at the same time period. Today mats and mounting process's are mostly acid free except at place like Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

By the way that style of molding has been made by that company for at least 45 years.

Abe

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

For what it's worth I asked DeeDee for a value. She didn't reply with a number but asked where I planned to hang the print. So the price is immaterial. It's not coming here. :(

Jerry B.