Board Upgrade

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Board Upgrade

Post by Curt A »

pianolist wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:50 pm Getting use to the new layout but for one annoyance; about half of the time I tap to open a post and instead I get the user profile. Any way to separate those two selections a little?
Get some +2.50 or +3.00 reading glasses - they work wonders. ;)
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

john9ten
Victor II

Post by john9ten »

Hello!

I understand posts cannot be edited after 30 days. How then do i mark items as Sold, Found, etc. or change the wording?

Thanks!

John Robles

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

john9ten wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 pm Hello!

I understand posts cannot be edited after 30 days. How then do i mark items as Sold, Found, etc. or change the wording?

Thanks!

John Robles
John, just add a reply to your own post.
Unfortunately, it will bring it to the top of the list, but it will be understood when read.
It's the best that can be done if you've not kept it up to date.

Take a look here for an example ...
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50273

James.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

From Dreamhost (our hosting provider):
On 2021-10-26 between 1AM and 7AM PDT, we will be migrating your databases on shared hosting to an upgraded MySQL server.

We expect the process to take up to 10 minutes total, and once this has completed, your MySQL server will be running MySQL 8.

You may notice that your MySQL databases are unreachable for a period of time, or your websites may behave unexpectedly while the migration is underway. This is normal, and your sites and databases will be back online as soon as the upgrade is complete! You may see 30 seconds to 10 minutes of downtime, depending on the size of your databases.
Expect it to take at least 10 minutes or more; the database for this forum is huge.

I am finally moved, but nowhere near done unpacking—at some point in the not-too-distant future, I need to upgrade the forum software again. I’ll keep you guys posted on when I want to do that upgrade.

Regards,

David
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.