Victor silver pull record binders

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
emerson
Victor III

Victor silver pull record binders

Post by emerson »

What year and model machine used silver pulls?

emerson
Victor III

Re: Victor silver pull record binders

Post by emerson »

Really would like to know about the Victor silver pull record albums----anyone have them in their machines?

Pathe Logical
Victor II

Post by Pathe Logical »

I would imagine albums with nickel pulls would be used only on machines equipped with nickel hardware. I put a set of five 12” albums (A-E) with nickel pulls on the shelf of my Queen Anne / Spider-leg VV-X. Would nickel pull albums also be used on the second style of VV-XIVs (after the Queen Anne style model VV-XIV)? As far as I know all first style VV-XIVs had record slats, not albums.

Bob
Last edited by Pathe Logical on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

Bob, Maybe the first style 14 might of used them ?---since they had a pull out record shelf (like an L-door 16) and also used nickel plating for the tonearm and other components ----just guessing until someone in the know can share their knowledge.

Pathe Logical
Victor II

Post by Pathe Logical »

The first style of VV-XIVs couldn’t accommodate any albums! The record storage area of those machines had one row of 20 numbered, narrow spaces (each about 1” wide) separated by thin wooden slats. And come to think of it, all metal parts were gold plated on those machines.

Kirkwood
Victor II

Post by Kirkwood »

The Victor Data Book shows the second iteration of the VV-XIV with the record compartment doors open. This model had only one shelf with 12 inch albums on it, and an open cubby underneath. It's on pages 133 and 134 of my copy. Since this model had the nickel plated fittings, the nickel ring pulls on the albums makes sense. I have two of this version, and neither has the upright slats nor the multiple shelves. It would have been handy to have that pull out shelf to rest an album on, but I guess the top of the lid was considered sufficient.