O/T—Board Theme Input (was Change Your...)!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

O/T—Board Theme Input (was Change Your...)!

Post by MordEth »

Everyone—while I have not yet done a custom theme, I did set up an alternate theme which is a lot closer to what we had at ProBoards.

Please check out the subsilver2 theme by going to your board preferences and selecting it from the ‘My board style:’ choice.

With John’s approval, if everyone likes it better, I will set that to be the default theme.

Keep in mind that I will be creating a custom theme for this board, and so these colors are not even remotely close to final.

Your friendly internet daemon,

MordEth
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

richardh

Re: O/T—Change Your Board Theme!

Post by richardh »

Yes, that layout looks much more familiar...still looks quite BLUE though!

RJ 8-)

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

yes i like the layout too. :D

Aaron

Fredrik
Victor O

Post by Fredrik »

This design has a bit of a "stiffer" feeling, but it does seem more familiar and logic to have the names and avatars of the posters to the left (unless you post in Arabic or Hebrew).

Fredrik
Desperately seeking more storage space!

richardh

Post by richardh »

Just a thought...sorry I have a few of those now and again..... is it possible when looking at the main index to not only have the name of the last poster for a section but also the thread that it was posted on. I always found that useful on the other TMF. Is this possible?

EDIT: just another thought......is it possible to have the list of visitors over the last 24 hours at the bottom of the main index page...its always useful to see if friends have popped by whilst you were out of the room!

RJ 8-)
Last edited by richardh on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fredrik
Victor O

Post by Fredrik »

The "subsilver2" design definitely makes it easier to see which threads include new posts that you haven't read yet. I'm for it!

Fredrik
Desperately seeking more storage space!

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Basically it's a temporary solution until I can make an "official" theme. I may see how much effort it would take to tweak the colors in the interim...it's mostly a matter of seeing how many images I would have to change.

I imagine this weekend will include a lot of theming time.

~ MordEth
Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

I really liked the pleasant muted theme of the old board. I would hope it could be approximated. This bright blue /grey thing quickly gets weary on the eyes.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Wolfe wrote:I really liked the pleasant muted theme of the old board. I would hope it could be approximated. This bright blue /grey thing quickly gets weary on the eyes.
Wolfe,

I agree completely, and believe me, we will not be keeping these colors. ;)

I’m going to take a quick look at now; I’m back at the hotel on my laptop again.

— MordEth

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

richardh wrote:Just a thought...sorry I have a few of those now and again.....

RJ 8-)
RJ,

Thought will lead to trouble! ;) Just ask a lemming, oh wait they all just jumped off that cliff over there. :lol:
MordEth wrote: Please check out the subsilver2 theme by going to your board preferences and selecting it from the ‘My board style:’ choice.

With John’s approval, if everyone likes it better, I will set that to be the default theme.

Your friendly internet daemon,

MordEth
Much better I think-I real step in the right direction, do you all agree?

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!