Have you ever regretted selling a machine?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Have you ever regretted selling a machine?

Post by epigramophone »

The machine I most regret selling is the 1929 Columbia 2a, the last external horn model the company ever made.
I sold it out of pity to a newbie who had been deceived by a Crapophone and wanted the real thing.
He is only 5 miles from me, so if he ever decides to sell I am in a good position to buy it back.
Attachments
Columbia 2a 001.JPG
Columbia 2a 001.JPG (70.19 KiB) Viewed 340 times

GoCOOGS!
Victor I

Post by GoCOOGS! »

Oh yes. I cringe every time I think about when I sold my Edison Home with a Model K reproducer and 11 panel cygnet horn. I sold it for a hefty profit but now I regret it.
Attachments
A47DFA1A-885A-4541-A03E-354326DBAE92.jpeg

Fonotone
Victor II

Post by Fonotone »

As some of you know, selling phonographs and other mechanical/technical antiques is what I do for a living. So I've learned out of necessity to smile and say good-bye without too many tears. Still, there are 3 phonographs that I think about more often than others, and looking back, I probably should have held onto all of them and let my heirs sort out where they went. Oddly (at least to me) is that all three machines were entry level phonographs when they were new, designed for the buyer on a budget who just wanted to enjoy music at home. The Columbia Eagle enjoys the added distinction of having been housed in a homemade, velvet-lined cabinet that someone went to great pains to build for it and was, I'm sure, quite proud of the result.

-- Grant
Attachments
Victor Junior with flower horn.JPG
Columbia B with Homemade Velvet-Lined Hinged Lid.JPG
Edison Drip Pan Gem.jpg
Visit TechnoGallerie -- Antique Phonographs & More

http://www.technogallerie.com

A Museum Of Science & Invention Where The Exhibits Are For Sale

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

I had a Columbia AH Disc Graphophone that I had to sell to get the money to appease the landlord.It was an ugly situation that I really don't want to get into. But,even though I hated to I had to. edisonplayer.