Reproduction Parts Vendor

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tictalk
Victor II

Reproduction Parts Vendor

Post by tictalk »

Does anyone know where I might find reproduction cranks? Or reasonable originals ,I am in need of a threaded Vic 1 crank and a slotted Vic Jr crank, I called and spoke with Dwayne at Wyatt's Musical Americana and he doesn't have them ,(I hadn't spoke to Dwayne in many years it was nice to hear he is doing well) also I have learned that Ron Sitko's stock will be liquidated by Stanton's Auction.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Reproduction Parts Vendor

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Check with JAS Antiques (vendor ladanjus on eBay.) That is an excellent source for cranks.

I wish someone would have been able to pick up where Mr. Sitko left off; he made some of the best parts in the price range.

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

I can personally vouch for JAS Antiques reproduction cranks. I recently bought a slotted one for a Vic II humpback and am very pleased with it.

Jim

tictalk
Victor II

Post by tictalk »

Thanks , I will contact them. Larry

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Someone should actually try to buy out Ron's business and keep it going... If those parts go to Stantons, they might not bring much and won't stay together for future repair needs...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

A number of months ago I had spoken to Mr Sitko about buying parts for something or other (I think it was a friend's Grafonola D-2) and I asked him if he had ever considered teaching anyone else how to make parts.

He said he didn't anticipate leaving the business anytime soon--of course, neither did any of us--so unfortunately no one has the business.

I hope someone is able to put the tooling to use that he was using to make these parts.

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

Ron Haring has a large inventory of cranks in his collection. The real deal, not reproductions. I have never seen so many loose cranks before. Hopefully, he can sell you one.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

zipcord
Victor I

Post by zipcord »

Does anyone have Ron Haring's email address or contact info?