New Purchase Info on a Victor Player

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Bobm90
Victor Jr

New Purchase Info on a Victor Player

Post by Bobm90 »

Hi Guys,
I always come back here for information that I can't find on my own, this time I am asking If anyone has information on a 78 RPM player I have just purchased on eBay. It is a Victor player, as is marked on the record compartment and it has a "v" on the needle storage container. I have a copy of "look for the dog" book on Victor machines but it isn't in there. I will try to post several pictures of it on here (we will see how that goes) any and all information from you knowledge guys would be appreciated.
BobM
s-l1600 01.jpg
s-l1600 09.jpg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: New Purchase Info on a Victor Player

Post by phonogfp »

This looks like a Victrola 02 or 03. Scroll about half-way through this article:

http://www.antiquephono.org/wp-content/ ... rticle.pdf

George P.

Bobm90
Victor Jr

Post by Bobm90 »

George P
Thank you very much for your reply, I will go with model 02 as you have so graciously pointed out to me, Thanks again you're the best!
Bob :)

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You're very welcome.

George P.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Definitely a later 1930s model. LFTD stops at the VV 2-65. Be careful of these later pot metal machines because the pot metal tends to swell up on those...

Duchesne
Victor O

Post by Duchesne »

AmberolaAndy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:50 pm Definitely a later 1930s model. LFTD stops at the VV 2-65. Be careful of these later pot metal machines because the pot metal tends to swell up on those...
Yes, I can now see the electrical tape on the neck of the reproducer. Just like on my silvertone, the metal cracked, and 2 of 3 pieces were j-b welded back on, but I'm keeping it wrapped with the electrical tape. I think it kinda looks cool, but it's also my only portable. I do travel with it and a collection of favourites to play where there's no electricity. I love wireless tech don't you?

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Duchesne wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:22 pm
AmberolaAndy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:50 pm Definitely a later 1930s model. LFTD stops at the VV 2-65. Be careful of these later pot metal machines because the pot metal tends to swell up on those...
Yes, I can now see the electrical tape on the neck of the reproducer. Just like on my silvertone, the metal cracked, and 2 of 3 pieces were j-b welded back on, but I'm keeping it wrapped with the electrical tape. I think it kinda looks cool, but it's also my only portable. I do travel with it and a collection of favourites to play where there's no electricity. I love wireless tech don't you?
Oh very much! 👍 Even the “good” Victor portables have problems with pot metal tonearm brackets. I just use my VV-50 for acoustic records and my Brunswick 109 for Early Electrics.