Guy fixing my motor blocked me. HELP?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Kryptosmaster1
Victor Jr

Guy fixing my motor blocked me. HELP?

Post by Kryptosmaster1 »

If this is in the wrong section I’m sure the admins will fix that.
Does anyone here personally know Adam Wade Pierani?
He left the Antique Phonograph Enthusiast group on Facebook not too long ago. He sold me a Heinemann motor for my talking machine October 2020. It had a problem with the spring. I sent the spring back to him for repair. I then sent him the spare spring parts from my original motor (spring was busted in that too (that’s why I bought the motor from him). He said he was going cobble parts from them to fix it. Then he has a basement flood and understandably it put my spring fix on the back burner. Now we’re going on 6 months or more since the original transaction and something like 3 months since I sent him the spring. He started giving me excuses a couple months back. Last had contact through messenger with him on April 25. He said he was “getting to it soon”. Now today I go to message him again asking how much longer and he’s “no longer available on Facebook messenger”. WTF? I’m assuming he’s blocked me?
Now I have two motors with no springs. Seemed like a really nice guy and now this?
I have his address. He lives in New Albany Indiana if anyone is nearby and can help me get my parts back from this guy? I’ll find someone else to fix my springs if he’s not going to stand by his word. I’d just like him to do the right thing and at least send me my parts back!
Worst case scenario does anyone have a good set of spring barrels assembly they could sell me?
I’m completely taken by surprise at these actions. It’s so unethical.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Guy fixing my motor blocked me. HELP?

Post by JerryVan »

Post a photo of your motor.

Duchesne
Victor O

Post by Duchesne »

Kryptosmaster1 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:10 pm If this is in the wrong section I’m sure the admins will fix that.
Does anyone here personally know Adam Wade Pierani?
He left the Antique Phonograph Enthusiast group on Facebook not too long ago. He sold me a Heinemann motor for my talking machine October 2020. It had a problem with the spring. I sent the spring back to him for repair. I then sent him the spare spring parts from my original motor (spring was busted in that too (that’s why I bought the motor from him). He said he was going cobble parts from them to fix it. Then he has a basement flood and understandably it put my spring fix on the back burner. Now we’re going on 6 months or more since the original transaction and something like 3 months since I sent him the spring. He started giving me excuses a couple months back. Last had contact through messenger with him on April 25. He said he was “getting to it soon”. Now today I go to message him again asking how much longer and he’s “no longer available on Facebook messenger”. WTF? I’m assuming he’s blocked me?
Now I have two motors with no springs. Seemed like a really nice guy and now this?
I have his address. He lives in New Albany Indiana if anyone is nearby and can help me get my parts back from this guy? I’ll find someone else to fix my springs if he’s not going to stand by his word. I’d just like him to do the right thing and at least send me my parts back!
Worst case scenario does anyone have a good set of spring barrels assembly they could sell me?
I’m completely taken by surprise at these actions. It’s so unethical.
There just might be another reason and it may have nothing to do with your part, but yeah, it's freaky because he's fallen off the map so I get your concern. I didn't know there was enthusiast groups on FB. I am just still getting used to Marketplace - so addictive....
*EDIT* Wow. I missed the second line of your post - Serves me right for skimming - doing that too much lately hrmmmm....
Last edited by Duchesne on Fri May 07, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisg
Victor III

Post by chrisg »

Looks like he's from Kentucky
Attachments
Screenshot_20210507-214159_Chrome.jpg

Duchesne
Victor O

Post by Duchesne »

Found the group on FB, Looks like I don't have to join it, but I'll be in there for hours. Like I needed to look at more of these... I really need to get my head examined :roll:

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I just looked at the Facebook group in question, and would advise viewers of the Talking Machine Forum to go there instead of here if they would like to read the whole story. Please remember that Mr. Pierani's reputation is important as well, and there is more to this story than the OP is letting on.

ts_13
Victor II

Post by ts_13 »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:47 pm I just looked at the Facebook group in question, and would advise viewers of the Talking Machine Forum to go there instead of here if they would like to read the whole story. Please remember that Mr. Pierani's reputation is important as well, and there is more to this story than the OP is letting on.
Agreed... There is a lot of story behind this. Some has been omitted here.

Kryptosmaster1
Victor Jr

Post by Kryptosmaster1 »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:47 pm I just looked at the Facebook group in question, and would advise viewers of the Talking Machine Forum to go there instead of here if they would like to read the whole story. Please remember that Mr. Pierani's reputation is important as well, and there is more to this story than the OP is letting on.
Well by all means please enlighten me what more to the story there is than I am letting on? Because this guy has completely blocked me and has my parts to my machine. I’d surely love to know what he saying about me because I can’t see anything that he’s posting on Facebook. Please! Tell me the whole story. I’m not leaving anything out that I don’t already know.

Kryptosmaster1
Victor Jr

Post by Kryptosmaster1 »

ts_13 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:41 pm
Agreed... There is a lot of story behind this. Some has been omitted here.
I’d love to know why other people are protecting the thief. This guy stole my stuff. I did absolutely nothing to this guy except trust him. So why am I the bad one here? Please let me know.

Kryptosmaster1
Victor Jr

Post by Kryptosmaster1 »

chrisg wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:44 pm Looks like he's from Kentucky
I know exactly where he lives. And it’s not Kentucky it’s Indiana. I can give out his address. I can Google map and show you where his house is. I just want my parts back that the guy stole from me. He seemed like a nice guy. he sold me a motor. it didn’t work right. I sent him back parts and also more parts from the first motor that I already had. Then the guy just up and blocked me. For no reason. I was not rude to him or anything. This guy has issues.