Request : 1904 Graphophone AH horn measurement

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
langleycello
Victor Jr

Request : 1904 Graphophone AH horn measurement

Post by langleycello »

Please excuse my cross post with the ‘tips and tricks’ forum but I am hoping to seek some measurements in ernest and I have a tinsmith waiting in the wings - i would be deeply grateful if someone could give me a measurement and maybe a closeup pic or two of the narrow end.

Here is my original query

Greetings,

I just wonder if anyone can kindly supply me with measurements for a 1904 Columbia AH horn?

I am presently having the tin section to my existing horn remade by a tinsmith as the original has rusted away on one side. The brass bell is fine but I would really value any measurements of the tin section from the point where it interfaces the bell to the narrow end termination.

Also, the diameter of the narrow opening would be good to know and maybe a close-up picture of this end this may help with the remanufacture of the horn. I think there is a step but am not certain?

Thankyou for any consideration.

Kind regards,

Stephen

fmblizz
Victor IV

Re: Request : 1904 Graphophone AH horn measurement

Post by fmblizz »

My original AH horn has a total length from the small end to the base of the brass bell of 15 inches.
The length of the reduced area that fits inside the elbow is a hair over ¾ inch.
The diameter of the reduced area that fits inside the elbow is just shy of 1 ⅛ inch.

See attached pic's

Hope this helps.

Blizz
Attachments
length.jpg
elbow depth.jpg
elbow width.jpg

langleycello
Victor Jr

Post by langleycello »

Thank you so so much - I really appreciate your trouble :-) this is exactly what I need.

Kind regards,

Stephen

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

Sounds like a tricky project Stephen.. hope you post some pictures of your progress.

Best of luck

Blizz

langleycello
Victor Jr

Post by langleycello »

Thanks Blizz - will do. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your help with the pics - much appreciated

Kind regards,

SL