Vic II Crank Handle

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
randymullx
Victor O

Vic II Crank Handle

Post by randymullx »

How do I remove the wooden handle from my Vic II crank? I would like to clean it up and replate it. It looks very similar to the crank for my Vic III but I can clearly see how to drive the pin that holds the wooden handle out of the Vic III crank (which has been replated). I ground a good bit off the crank but still can't see the outline of the pin.....do I need to just keep grinding?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy
Attachments
IMG_5005.JPG

gramophone78
Victor VI

Re: Vic II Crank Handle

Post by gramophone78 »

randymullx wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:25 pm How do I remove the wooden handle from my Vic II crank? I would like to clean it up and replate it. It looks very similar to the crank for my Vic III but I can clearly see how to drive the pin that holds the wooden handle out of the Vic III crank (which has been replated). I ground a good bit off the crank but still can't see the outline of the pin.....do I need to just keep grinding?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy
You can't without potentially damaging the crank. The knob shaft is peened on.

EarlH
Victor III

Post by EarlH »

When I've sent them in to get plated, I've had to split the wood off and glue it back together when it get finished. I don't think Victor left many options on that one. Good luck with your quest. Earl.

randymullx
Victor O

Post by randymullx »

Thanks to you both. Sounds like there are no great options............I may try splitting the knob.