Horn support base slide/attachment

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fmblizz
Victor IV

Horn support base slide/attachment

Post by fmblizz »

Anyone in the forum have a picture of the slide which goes on top of a cylinder horn crane base??

I have enclosed two pictures of the area where this piece would attached.. The adjustment screw applies pressure on the piece I'm looking for which in turn holds it against the bottom molding of the cylinder cabinet.

Rough dimensions would be very helpful should I try my hand at fabricating something to make it work. For now it's basically useless.

I have also posted my needs in the Yankee Trader section hoping to find an original attachment.

Thanks in advance
Blizz
Attachments
horn crane base 2.jpg
horn crane base 1.jpg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Horn support base slide/attachment

Post by phonogfp »

Gary,

Why do some people take things apart and then lose the parts?

Hopefully these pictures will help.

George P.
TTcrane1.JPG
TTcrane2.JPG
TTcrane3.JPG
TTcrane4.JPG

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

Thanks George... that's perfect,, exactly what I was looking for. Going to try my luck with aluminum since there will be no structural issues but even that won't be easy.

Really appreciate you taking the time to take yours apart and shooting the pictures.

Thanks again]
Blizz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You bet!

George P.

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

WOW is all I can say about this great Forum ..

First George Paul takes apart his crane support, then shoots some picture to help me possibly fabricate the slide I was missing. Then a couple hours later well know member Raphael Cole from musicaltreasuresofmiami sends me an email offering me the entire base piece, which I included in my pictures along with the exact slide piece I needed absolutely free..

I consider myself very fortunate to be part of the Talking Machine Forum and will look forward to being able to pay this forward sometime in the near future.

Blizz