curious on prices of Edison C-2

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

curious on prices of Edison C-2

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

I can't find a whole lot of these machines that have sold recently, any clue what these are going for?

gramophone78
Victor VI

Re: curious on prices of Edison C-2

Post by gramophone78 »

Like any collectable, many factors are involved and there is no set value. Posting pics of the one your interested in may help members provide you an opinion.

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

oh, there isn't one in specific, I'm just trying to gauge if I can save up for one or not.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:12 pm oh, there isn't one in specific, I'm just trying to gauge if I can save up for one or not.
You can save up for anything you want depending on how much time you're willing to put into waiting, how much money you make, and how badly you want it--also, depends on what condition you want it in.

I got paid $50 to get an RE-45. It was $100 down, and the restoration of a 1910 sewing-machine found with it. Fixed the sewing-machine, it sold for $300, my commission was half so I got $150, and the RE-45 sits here at a cost of $(-50). The radio works & I rebuilt the motor--I don't trust the electronics though.

And remember the C-2 is a strange & complicated machine that is costly to restore, so there's that.

Granby
Victor II
Personal Text: The Granby Phonograph Historian

Post by Granby »

I googled this model just out of curiosity. It brought up some other forum discussions and I saw some auction results. However, I could not view the sold price without "logging in" to the auctioneer's website.

Check it out, though - it may be a quick way to get some ballpark market values.