SCAMMER Alert

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: SCAMMER Alert

Post by Inigo »

You can always consult here the prices he puts on the articles you want, etc, and somebody can tell you if he's bought from him before...
And be aware of those messages or emails addressing you to a third person, especially if it's the infamous address carlethomas@gmail, etc :D :D
Inigo

BigC
Victor I

Post by BigC »

Wow I was looking for a elbow for a Colombia and it went exactly the same. I was told that Thomas had parts for a Colombia. Price was too much so I passed. I guess they are still up.

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

BigC wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:21 pm Wow I was looking for a elbow for a Colombia and it went exactly the same. I was told that Thomas had parts for a Colombia. Price was too much so I passed. I guess they are still up.
You don't mention if this was recent or before deletion of the scam member as I see your wanted ad dated Oct 10. Is the member name being used for Thomas the same already mentioned in this thread JMK3 ?

Please report this to the moderator if new.

BigC
Victor I

Post by BigC »

It was the same member but since we were setting up a purchase I had given him my email address. On November 19th he sent me a email and asked if I was still interested. I just wanted to agree that we should be careful when purchasing items. I'm new to the forum so I'm still getting acquainted with everyone here.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Here you can touch the name of a member and come to a feedback page where you can see for how long he's been a member, see his old posts, his sales, if any, and so on. Even read what has he written before, and what has been said about him in other posts. We're pretty well provided with tools for differentiating a new, suspicious member, if it is the case, from an old well known member and the like. And I suspect scammers that enter in the forum have few chances of cheating another member, for a little the victim investigates before entering a suspicious deal with him
Inigo