Featured Phonograph No.152- Edison A-450 Louis XVI

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Re: Featured Phonograph No.152- Edison A-450 Louis XVI

Post by audiophile102 »

The A-450 is a real treasure that anyone would recognize as such. The featured phonograph section of the forum is an important resource for the collecting community so I'm grateful that you added yours to the site.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Josh_boro20
Victor I
Personal Text: Vintage sound

Post by Josh_boro20 »

I put in a archive request for this, but it still has not been archived. At least the photos are still showing.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Spectacular machine! I'm not jealous! :mrgreen:

Jerry B.

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Josh_boro20 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:27 pm I put in a archive request for this, but it still has not been archived. At least the photos are still showing.
That is a spectacular machine. It’s a shame that so many images of machines have been lost. I’m not sure that archives is really the best place for Featured Phonographs. It’s not real obvious that it is even there.

It’s not only interesting to look at them, but it’s also good as a reference.

Maybe Featured Phonographs should be a subdirectory of Machines. It’s also possible that most don’t see this as something that is important to them.

Maybe it’s just my perception, but the forum seems to be a bit of a ghost town these days.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

I am the one who puts the links in the Archives section, that's the extent of admin rights I have. And that's just it, the Featured Phonographs posts in the Archives section contain links to the original posts to make it easier to find them. So the Archives are neither a safeguard/backup nor a separate folder. Since most of the older pictures disappeared, most of the Featured Phonograph posts and links are close to useless. I am quite frustrated about this, because I spent a lot of time tending to these Featured Phonograph posts. Because of that, I have not spent any more time on adding to the Feature Phonograph posts and I apologize for that. Once the older pictures have been restored, I will continue my work on the Archives but for now I don't see the point in putting in the work.

Andreas