December issue of The Antique Phonograph journal

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Re: December issue of The Antique Phonograph journal

Post by AmberolaAndy »

AZ* wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:11 am
AmberolaAndy wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:43 pm I cannot log in to APS At All! I guess I’ll have to make a brand new account over there… :( all I get is errors no matter how I try… :( I even tried changing my password and it still gave me an error!
The website has been busted off and on for quite a while. Earlier this week, I got an email about it. I assumed that the email went to all members with valid email addresses. It said:
Dear Member,

We are currently making changes to our member database which prevents members from logging in. We apologize for this inconvenience but want to be clear that the site has not been hacked or compromised in any way. However, as a result, Membership renewals will not be available until this work is complete.

We expect to conclude this work and restore the site to normal function soon.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Antique Phonograph Society

Best regards,
John Levin
President, APS
Ok I guess I’ll wait or renew by snail mail…

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

AmberolaAndy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:19 pm Ok I guess I’ll wait or renew by snail mail…
If you don't want to use snail mail, just go to the "Donations" page of the APS website:

https://www.antiquephono.org/donations/

Make a "donation" of $35 (in the U.S.) and note that it's for 2022 dues. Simple as that. Many folks are renewing that way.

I'm looking forward to the all-new website!

George P.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

phonogfp wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:18 pm
AmberolaAndy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:19 pm Ok I guess I’ll wait or renew by snail mail…
If you don't want to use snail mail, just go to the "Donations" page of the APS website:

https://www.antiquephono.org/donations/

Make a "donation" of $35 (in the U.S.) and note that it's for 2022 dues. Simple as that. Many folks are renewing that way.

I'm looking forward to the all-new website!

George P.
Hopefully when I can At least sign into my account I will do. 2022 especially by the summer will be an exciting year for me phonowise.

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

Getting back to the Journal itself, got it last week here in the sunny state of Arizona. But have you readers noticed the uptick in overall color and print brightness.
Comparing this issue to a couple of other months, all of the printing and photographs look sharper and brighter and actually clearer than before. Yah I know that I am looking at this through the eyes of an old art restorer, but I think the new guys are doing a really good job of printing-or am I just loosing it...?

Great job putting this issue together- there doesn't seem to be an end to what you can learn as you pursue this interest. thank you to all those that provided input into this issue.
Abe

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

need4art wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:03 pm Getting back to the Journal itself, got it last week here in the sunny state of Arizona. But have you readers noticed the uptick in overall color and print brightness.
Comparing this issue to a couple of other months, all of the printing and photographs look sharper and brighter and actually clearer than before. Yah I know that I am looking at this through the eyes of an old art restorer, but I think the new guys are doing a really good job of printing-or am I just loosing it...?
It's not just you Abe. Many of us have noticed the improvement!

George P.

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

Indeed, we are very happy with the pretty amazing quality our new printer delivered. I'm glad you noticed. That was an unexpected bonus, and our experience with them (despite slower than accustomed turnaround time) is looking very positive.

The March issue is already being prepared. Lots more great material coming up in 2022!

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

gotta ask- if I join this week, any chance I can still grab a copy?

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Still waiting patiently for mine. Hopefully it will reach the UK before Christmas.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

gunnarthefeisty wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:58 pm gotta ask- if I join this week, any chance I can still grab a copy?
New members typically receive a complimentary issue (December) so they won't have to wait until March for reading material. To be sure, ask for it when you make the donation.

George P.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

The APS website membership renewal function is back up.

https://www.antiquephono.org/join-us-home/

George P.