Zenith Cobramatic Tonearm Adjustment

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
bobkolba
Victor O

Zenith Cobramatic Tonearm Adjustment

Post by bobkolba »

I love my 3 speed Cobramatic phono but how do I remove the tonearm from the base? I want to replace the cartridge and adjust the tonearm movement but the tiny Cobramatic tonearm is made for people with little fingers Help!!!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: Zenith Cobramatic Tonearm Adjustment

Post by gramophone-georg »

bobkolba wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 pm I love my 3 speed Cobramatic phono but how do I remove the tonearm from the base? I want to replace the cartridge and adjust the tonearm movement but the tiny Cobramatic tonearm is made for people with little fingers Help!!!
If it's one of the models listed here you can download the service info:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/458/T0000458.htm
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

pallophotophone
Victor II

Post by pallophotophone »

To remove a cobra cartridge, just pull it straight down- it's held in a small plastic socket. There are no screws holding it in.

Henry
Victor V

Post by Henry »

bobkolba wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 pm I love my 3 speed Cobramatic phono but how do I remove the tonearm from the base? I want to replace the cartridge and adjust the tonearm movement but the tiny Cobramatic tonearm is made for people with little fingers Help!!!
Interesting that your Cobramatic is 3-speed. In our family, we had a 4-speed turntable (16,33,45,78) with Cobramatic arm in a Zenith cabinet model with AM-FM radio. Matter of fact, it's still extant, but far away from me now as I moved years ago. Our Dad bought it when we were living in Oklahoma City during 1950-53.