How many machines out there?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Re: How many machines out there?

Post by travisgreyfox »

[/quote]

On the Victor side, there are the VV-IX and VV-XI which, based on Craigslist, seem to have survived at the 120% rate due to their apparent ability to reproduce like amoebas. :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

I think its always the same guy selling it :lol: . The description reads, "In used condition but will make a great conversation piece"

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

travisgreyfox wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:40 am
On the Victor side, there are the VV-IX and VV-XI which, based on Craigslist, seem to have survived at the 120% rate due to their apparent ability to reproduce like amoebas. :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

I think its always the same guy selling it :lol: . The description reads, "In used condition but will make a great conversation piece"
[/quote]
Probably most of us start out with an XI just to get our feet wet. when we start but when we find more something high end we end up selling them to make room for nicer machines. I had two of them before I sold them to afford and make room my Credenza.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Those lower end Victrolas are still fantastic machines if you have a big stack of acoustic records. I like the simplicity, the designs, and the reliability.