$4,000.00 edison Home

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: $4,000.00 edison Home

Post by JerryVan »

If only it were an "Official Laboratory Model", which obviously means it was in Edison's own lab, it would be worth 10X that much :roll: ;)

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

drh wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:18 am
AmberolaAndy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:05 am This one is less outrageous, but $800 for a Project Fireside machine that’s probably worth $200 at the most?

(While looking closely, they do seem to have a model K reproducer on there)

And I’m sure these are nice people, but judging by all the stuff they sell I’d bet they probably have no idea how to pack a machine correctly, because they have various non-phonograph items so it tips me off that they need many instructional videos on how to properly pack since they don’t specialize in these machines. (I learned that lesson 4 years ago)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255565479182?h ... Sw2UxiH5jb
But worth every penny--after, all, it's "RARE" :roll: :

"Edison Fireside Model A Cylinder Phonograph PARTS ONLY Antique RARE Early 1900’s. No have run is includes. Phonograph has not been tested. A piece that looks to go under the cylinder is broken. We tried to shows an accurate condition in the pictures. Lid is in good condition. Please refer to pictures. Let us know if you have any other questions before purchasing."

That second "sentence" would be enough to put me off buying from this listing even if the price weren't ludicrous.
The model K is upside down too

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

JerryVan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 am If only it were an "Official Laboratory Model", which obviously means it was in Edison's own lab, it would be worth 10X that much :roll: ;)
Then Edison’s lab must have been crowded!
Honestly I could see someone thinking that like 30+ years ago. But if it happened any time since the year 2000, yeah a total lack of research.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Oh look it’s RARE! it’s got…uhhh…everything I have on my standard model B I paid a grand less for…

But it’s RARE! RARE! RARE! I can justify selling it that price because I think it’s RARE!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204008966371?h ... SwmEZinkfg