Help identify Victrola

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Help identify Victrola

Post by Jerry B. »

The brake does not rub on the outside edge of the turntable. A nickel one would work just fine and look good especially after a little gold rattle can. I'm away from home at the moment but I'm reasonably sure I have one with a nickel edge. You can have it for the cost of postage.. Let me know.

Jerry B.

Ben99
Victor Jr

Post by Ben99 »

Thanks Jerry. That would be great. I’d be happy to pay for it plus shipping. Let me know.

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Hi Ben- I'm going to PM you- I may have found a guy that has pretty much all the parts you'll need. I can put you in touch with him. Check your PM
Brad Abell

Ben99
Victor Jr

Post by Ben99 »

Next question. Motor speed? My crank it up 15 times. And it won’t come up to speed even without the platter on it. I checked the speed control and it is not touching the disc. The left drum spins faster than the right one. Is this normal?

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Hi Ben- With that four spring motor, you can crank it 40 times and not get near it's capacity- 15 times is barely getting any tension on it. There may be other adjustments needed, but as long as the governor is in the correct position-- not any substantial play side to side-- you can crank the motor many more times-- Start with 40 cranks, but likely you can do 50 to 60 or more.

Brad Abell

Ben99
Victor Jr

Post by Ben99 »

That helped LOL. I like research but I’m struggling with this thing.