Amberola 30 Specific Manufacture Date?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Lee
Victor I

Amberola 30 Specific Manufacture Date?

Post by Lee »

I know this is a common machine, but does anyone know the specific date of manufacture of an Amberola 30 serial #"SM 91893"? I have been working on it and already have enjoyed it greatly. These machines are truly fun little workhorses! Appreciate any help.

Many thanks!

Lee

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Re: Amberola 30 Specific Manufacture Date?

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Lee wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:37 pm I know this is a common machine, but does anyone know the specific date of manufacture of an Amberola 30 serial #"SM 91893"? I have been working on it and already have enjoyed it greatly. These machines are truly fun little workhorses! Appreciate any help.

Many thanks!

Lee
What version of the Amberola 30 is it?
If it has Pin striping and a silver reproducer, an external speed control, and the identity plate is next to the horn then it’s from 1915.

If it’s those things I said Above but without pin striping it’s from late 1915 or 1916.

If it has a black reproducer, identity plate is behind reproducer, and a speed control hidden by the governor cover, I believe it’s from 1916 to about 1918.

And if it has those things above but the identity plate is on the inside of the case, then it’s from after 1918 or 19.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Lee
Victor I

Post by Lee »

Thank you for the information. This 30 has the black reproducer with the nameplate directly behind it. The speed adjustment is under the governor cover. So....it's around 1916 to 1918? I appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Lee

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Lee wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:19 pm Thank you for the information. This 30 has the black reproducer with the nameplate directly behind it. The speed adjustment is under the governor cover. So....it's around 1916 to 1918? I appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Lee
Yes. You have a “second series” generation amberola 30.

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

Yes, I concur.. It certainly sounds like a second series Amberola 30 (Mid 1916-1917 approx.)

Tony K. (Edison Collector/Restorer)

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

What version of the Amberola 30 is it?
If it has Pin striping and a silver reproducer, an external speed control, and the identity plate is next to the horn then it’s from 1915.

If it’s those things I said Above but without pin striping it’s from late 1915 or 1916.

If it has a black reproducer, identity plate is behind reproducer, and a speed control hidden by the governor cover, I believe it’s from 1916 to about 1918.

And if it has those things above but the identity plate is on the inside of the case, then it’s from after 1918 or 19.
He's known as AmberolaAndy for good reasons. :D

Jerry B.