New Computer

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Phono-Phan
Victor V

New Computer

Post by Phono-Phan »

I am not sure where to post this but my old computer died and I lost quite a bit. I lost all of the email addresses I had in my address book. I finally have a new computer. If you have ever emailed me in the past please send me one so I can rebuild my address book.
Thanks, Ken Brekke kbab1@charter.net

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Re: New Computer

Post by audiophile102 »

When you say your computer died, was your hard drive still functioning? You might be able to take the old hard drive and install it into the new machine as a second drive. It's not complicated and you might be able to recover all your lost data. You can find instructions on You Tube. :ugeek:
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Yeah, the hard drive was bad. The computer place was able to recover some stuff but not my address book or bookmarks, sign ons and passwords. My fault for not backing up or getting the computer replaced sooner.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

If you used an installed mail program, then no use for this .. but if you use Gmail or other web-based mail sites, it keeps memory of addresses written before, so if you start to write an address, options do appear of the program fulfilling it automatically. Or seeking in the mail site contacts page, they keep all addresses used if you activated that memory option...
Inigo