Question about 8-35 albums

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AZ*
Victor IV

Re: Question about 8-35 albums

Post by AZ* »

Interesting. I hadn't realized that the VV 8-35 albums came pre-marked with artists' and composers' names. I wouldn't expect that the names were a good fit for many people. It seems a bit presumptuous for Victor to have done this. :monkey:
Best regards ... AZ*

Ben the phono man
Victor II
Personal Text: Genuine New Jersey Native

Post by Ben the phono man »

electrolaman 64 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:40 pm Here is another image example of mine that you will see matches what I sent earlier as the list. I researched these albums as common sets in various models in many collections.
Thanks for the photograph, looks wonderful. Its nice to see an 8-35 with all the bric-a-brac.
- Ben

Ben the phono man
Victor II

Post by Ben the phono man »

AZ* wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:57 pm Interesting. I hadn't realized that the VV 8-35 albums came pre-marked with artists' and composers' names. I wouldn't expect that the names were a good fit for many people. It seems a bit presumptuous for Victor to have done this. :monkey:
I thought about this one too! I have a few with more popular artist names on them. I have one that says Rodgers and Kane. I presume you were able to special order stickers to fit over?
- Ben

electrolaman 64
Victor II
Personal Text: Look for the Dog

Post by electrolaman 64 »

So to answer some of all your questions about the leather albums. Here is my entire research in a pdf of the Victor machines and what they had in them form the factory. First everything on the labels were dictated by first the number of 10" and the number of 12" albums. Then that number of albums was used to divide the alphabet and then the names were assigned with that alphabetical sequence in mind. I have researched many machines in several collections. Buy the research is not over with as you will see when you read the pdf.

Regards,
Carlton Smith
Attachments
Victor & RCA Victor Electrolas with leather albums.pdf
(218.64 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN

electrolaman 64

Ben the phono man
Victor II