Another Credenza I Restored

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Watanabehi
Victor II

Another Credenza I Restored

Post by Watanabehi »

This is my fourth Credenza which I bought for $100.00 and restored it. It has a new grille cloth and a restored grille. Here is the video.

Watanabehi
Victor II

Re: Another Credenza I Restored

Post by Watanabehi »

Watanabehi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:18 pm This is my fourth Credenza which I bought for $100.00 and restored it. It has a new grille cloth and a restored grille. Here is the video.

Attachments
Restored Credenza Performance.MOV
(245.13 MiB) Downloaded 123 times

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Great job. It looks and sounds great.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

Marvelous!
Inigo

Sherazhyder
Victor I
Personal Text: Another Gramophone Enthusiast

Post by Sherazhyder »

Watanabehi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:18 pm This is my fourth Credenza which I bought for $100.00 and restored it. It has a new grille cloth and a restored grille. Here is the video.
Beautiful machine sounding very nicely! Congratulations for the superb restoration job . But how do you find such machines for mere USD 100? I usually buy stuff from eBay where the asking for something as common as a tone arm or a door hinge starts from USD 40. It seems the sellers buy non functional machines at throw away prices and then tear them apart for selling their parts on exorbitant prices. But you are lucky who always find something reasonably priced.

Cheers
Sheraz

Watanabehi
Victor II

Post by Watanabehi »

Sherazhyder wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:48 pm
Beautiful machine sounding very nicely! Congratulations for the superb restoration job . But how do you find such machines for mere USD 100? I usually buy stuff from eBay where the asking for something as common as a tone arm or a door hinge starts from USD 40. It seems the sellers buy non functional machines at throw away prices and then tear them apart for selling their parts on exorbitant prices. But you are lucky who always find something reasonably priced.

Cheers
Sheraz
Thank you very much for the nice comments. I usually look for those on local craigslist, where I found two credenzas to buy. I am very lucky for that. When I checked it, it was not working and in sad condition: the reproducer, grille, grille cloth, back panels were in bad condition, but the horn was very good. The cabinet had several issues. So the seller who has no clue to restore the amazing Victrola, also it costs a lot to ask professional Victrola restorers, so has given up for the restoration. I have been collecting those for more than 40 years and know how to fix them. I am really enjoying doing that.