New Collector

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Watanabehi
Victor II

Re: New Collector

Post by Watanabehi »

EdiBrunsVic wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:39 pm Today I gave a VV-50 to Luke. He will attend 7th Grade next year here in Lubbock. Back in March I presented a lesson on the old phonographs to his Social Studies class. He was very interested in the hobby so it was enjoyable to give him a Victrola, needles, and records to go with it. In this way we can pass on these machines and the music to the rising generation. In the photo, I am showing him how to operate it.IMG_4024.JPG
Just wonderful!! We need younger generation who can inherit those historical audio heritage. I am a 71 year-old retired teacher and several times introduced my collections and demonstrated the sound of some of those instruments in my classes. They couldn't believe how wonderful sound they can reproduce.

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

Your comments are much appreciated. Luke was also shown the difference between acoustic and electric records and knows what to look for when he goes to antique stores and other places which sell the old records.

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Oh man, I knew your lessons would get someone out there to get interested and become a collector themselves!

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

It's nice to see youthful interest. :coffee:

James.