Edison sales trophy

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

Edison sales trophy

Post by phonophan79 »

Interesting to see this kind of stuff. ...not enough for me to bid US $191.50, but nice to see. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0318745057

THIS EDISON PHONOGRAPH WORKS CUP WAS MADE TO BE GIVEN OUT AS A TROPHY. IT HAS THE FOLLOWING INSCRIBED ON THE FRONT OF IT "C.W. LUHR CUP EDISON FIELD DAY JUNE 21 1919 HIGHEST POINT WINNER EDISON PHONOGRAPH WORKS WON BY J.J. KENNEDY"

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Edison sales trophy

Post by MordEth »

Very cool, thanks for sharing that with us.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

3victrolas
Victor O

Post by 3victrolas »

Interesting, I hadn't seen anything like that before! 8-)

coyote
Victor II

Post by coyote »

This cup is featured on page 147 of Fabrizio and Paul's "A World of Antique Phonographs." I think the sellers have been disposing of their collection for quite a few months now. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of people are...tough economic times and all. :( I considered bidding on this but had to ask "Interesting, but do I REALLY need THIS?" It went for more than I was prepared to pay, anyway.

Btw: It had nothing to do with sales, but with points for Field Day athletic events among the Edison employees of various divisions.

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

coyote wrote:This cup is featured on page 147 of Fabrizio and Paul's "A World of Antique Phonographs." I think the sellers have been disposing of their collection for quite a few months now. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of people are...tough economic times and all. :( I considered bidding on this but had to ask "Interesting, but do I REALLY need THIS?" It went for more than I was prepared to pay, anyway.

Btw: It had nothing to do with sales, but with points for Field Day athletic events among the Edison employees of various divisions.
B.,

A company picnic or the like? I remember going to big events at Polaroid every year, factory tours and amusement park outings and also a few at Gillette Safety Razor here in South Boston. Do companies have things like that anymore?

BTW great find D., thanks for posting it.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Discman
Victor II

Post by Discman »

This guy won the following events:
1) Diamond disc frizzbee toss
2) Best bread baked with condensite flour
3) Fewest broken 4min wax amberols in the "damberol" toss

Dave

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Discman wrote:This guy won the following events:
1) Diamond disc frizzbee toss
2) Best bread baked with condensite flour
3) Fewest broken 4min wax amberols in the "damberol" toss

Dave
Dave,

LMAO!!!! Love it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!