New record sleeves

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
McIntus
Victor Jr
Personal Text: It's a what?

New record sleeves

Post by McIntus »

I've got an apple crate or two of various 78 rpm discs I want to clean off and put in sleeves. My large collection of Jolson I put into sleeves years ago, but can't remember where I got them. Does anyone have any advice on vendors or sleeves - who/what to use or who/what to avoid? I've researched it online (and found a wide variation in prices), but thought it so easy to check here before I make a mistake. Thanks!

larryh
Victor IV

Re: New record sleeves

Post by larryh »

I am in the same boat. I bought some nice sleeves from a fellow on ebay in a dull green color an some lighter off white ones, but I can't seem to come up with that person searching for record sleeves anymore?

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

The best ones I've ever found come from Kurt Nauk. http://www.78rpm.com/ They are called "disc files" and they are of a thin tough almost cardboard. The 10" version are big enough to even fit diamond discs nicely. They are fairly expensive, about 50 cents each or so but they will last a lifetime.

EdisonSquirrel
Victor II

Post by EdisonSquirrel »

I buy the 10" green sleeves from Bags Unlimited. The cost is $27.80 for 100.

:squirrel:

Rocky

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

I see they have quite a variety at bags unlimited. I'll probably pick up some of thier 10 inch plastic covers to slip over original diamond disc sleeves. I've been looking for them. In the past I've used ziplock bags which work pretty good too but now most of them come with printing on them :(

McIntus
Victor Jr
Personal Text: It's a what?

Post by McIntus »

I remembered seeing somewhere online that you could buy a case of 500 of 10" sleeves for $100, but I can't locate it again. And I hate to pay more for the sleeve than I originally paid for the record. ;)

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

I kind of recall I purchased 75 sleeves and they were around 25.00 or so?

richardh

Post by richardh »

Do bags unlimted have a website?

RJ 8-)

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

richardh wrote:Do bags unlimted have a website?
Richard,

Here’s a link directly to their record sleeve products.

Their page is: bagsunlimited.com

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

richardh

Post by richardh »

That was quick, thank you David. Boy the service is quick in these parts! :D

RJ 8-)