For Sale: Edison Fireside Model A Phonograph W/ Cygnet Horn

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here
kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

For Sale: Edison Fireside Model A Phonograph W/ Cygnet Horn

Post by kirtley2012 »

A very nice machine with some slightly unusual features

It has an original 10 panel cygnet horn (original decal, but fitted with a decal for a No.11, very unusual), and a model K reproducer.
The machine is a factory cygnet, but it has a dealer modification to give the machine an external speed control, ordinarily the speed control is enclosed inside the cabinet.

The back bracket and crane are new reproductions, original horn and all original base, including original lid.

It's a great phonograph, but I've two cygnet equipped machines and the other one gets more use than this one.

I'd much rather the machine be collected from North Shields, UK, which I know is tricky right now so maybe something shipping wise could be figured out, send me a message if interested and require shipping.

Asking price is £800, but I'd also be interested in hearing of part exchange deals for things such as a HMV 163, a Victor Orthorphonic machine, a HMV 511, HMV Lumiere machines, External horn Pathé machines, or an EMG 2 spring soundbox.

Any questions feel free to ask
DSC04585.JPG
DSC04586.JPG
DSC04587.JPG
DSC04588.JPG
DSC04593.JPG
DSC04597.JPG
DSC04598.JPG
DSC04599.JPG

Gramtastic
Victor III

Re: For Sale: Edison Fireside Model A Phonograph W/ Cygnet Horn

Post by Gramtastic »

Hi Alex,

Are you interested in selling the cygnet horn separately ? I'm looking for one here in the UK. let me know if would consider it .
Cheers
Andrew

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Post by kirtley2012 »

Gramtastic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:19 pm Hi Alex,

Are you interested in selling the cygnet horn separately ? I'm looking for one here in the UK. let me know if would consider it .
Cheers
Andrew
Hi Andrew, Thanks but this phonograph is long gone I'm afraid

Gramtastic
Victor III

Post by Gramtastic »

Ah... it was the fact that it still said "For sale" and not "Sold" that threw me.....