For Sale: Edison Standard B W/ Comination attachment, K repro, Concert horn

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here
kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

For Sale: Edison Standard B W/ Comination attachment, K repro, Concert horn

Post by kirtley2012 »

This is an interesting phonograph, it was found locally to me (North Shields, UK) as you see it here with a 42" concert horn, believed to have been with this phonograph from the start, it is assumed this phonograph could have been used for giving smaller local phonograph concerts, this is largely speculation though.

The phonograph is largely original although it has had some restoration, this includes a re-painted bed plate, motor cleaned and lubricated, new belt and re-built model K reproducer, the horn has been cleaned, the hanger is new and the horn end is also new, the original having been lost.

It is a fantastic playing phonograph it plays steady, the K reproducer sounds incredible especially through this large horn and both styli are good, the 2 minute stylus has also been rotated to a fresh surface.
I am including a newly made adjustable floor crane too.

I am asking £500 ono for the outfit as you see it here, Standard B, 42" horn and floor crane.
It is based in North Shields, about 15 minutes from Newcastle, if you are further afield I am happy to hand it over to a Shiply courier organised from your end

Any questions feel free to ask
DSC06157.JPG
DSC06150.JPG
DSC06151.JPG
DSC06152.JPG
DSC06153.JPG
DSC06155.JPG
DSC06158.JPG
DSC06159.JPG
DSC06161.JPG

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Re: For Sale: Edison Standard B W/ Comination attachment, K repro, Concert horn

Post by kirtley2012 »

Open to reasonable offers

Here is a demo of the phonograph in action:

(Double-click the video above or click this link to watch the video on YouTube in HD.)