Buying from the EU has got 20% more expensive !

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here
WDC
Victor IV

Re: Buying from the EU has got 20% more expensive !

Post by WDC »

Up to £39 is still a very generous. When I order something from outside the EU, the exemption limit is just €22 - that equals to £19.29 / $26.50!

jamiegramo
Victor III

Post by jamiegramo »

WDC wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:44 pm Up to £39 is still a very generous. When I order something from outside the EU, the exemption limit is just €22 - that equals to £19.29 / $26.50!
It would very generous, if it applied in the UK.

Dangermouse
Victor Jr
Personal Text: I can resist anything except temptation..

Post by Dangermouse »

well we can thank all the xenophobia whipped up by the right wing press for getting us out of the EU.....

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Dangermouse wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:03 pm well we can thank all the xenophobia whipped up by the right wing press for getting us out of the EU.....
The efforts of the right wing press were as nothing compared to "Project Fear", the unsuccessful campaign of the metropolitan liberal elite which was created to scare the gullible into maintaining the status quo.
The public were not fooled by these harbingers of doom and neither was I. I made up my own mind and voted Leave.

Like all bad losers, the "Remoaners" tried every underhand method they could to renege on the result of the referendum, but once again the public were not fooled and showed their displeasure at the General Election.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

WDC wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:44 pm Up to £39 is still a very generous. When I order something from outside the EU, the exemption limit is just €22 - that equals to £19.29 / $26.50!
I've posted several items to the EU and reduced the value cost to £35 on the customs forms and to date no one has been charged VAT !

Dangermouse
Victor Jr
Personal Text: I can resist anything except temptation..

Post by Dangermouse »

epigramophone wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:16 am
Dangermouse wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:03 pm well we can thank all the xenophobia whipped up by the right wing press for getting us out of the EU.....
The efforts of the right wing press were as nothing compared to "Project Fear", the unsuccessful campaign of the metropolitan liberal elite which was created to scare the gullible into maintaining the status quo.
The public were not fooled by these harbingers of doom and neither was I. I made up my own mind and voted Leave.

Like all bad losers, the "Remoaners" tried every underhand method they could to renege on the result of the referendum, but once again the public were not fooled and showed their displeasure at the General Election.
Oh dear, a diatribe.....

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Please guys- don't turn into the same hot mess we have over here! Guaranteed you won't like it. :roll: :lol:
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

Dangermouse wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:37 am

Oh dear, a diatribe.....
Not a diatribe, just the facts. The Remain campaign lost the argument, the referendum and the election.

Dulcetto
Victor II

Post by Dulcetto »

epigramophone wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:24 pm
Dangermouse wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:37 am

Oh dear, a diatribe.....
Not a diatribe, just the facts. The Remain campaign lost the argument, the referendum and the election.
Epigramophone is absolutely correct . The remain campaign tried every trick they could think of to overturn the referendum result because they were bad losers and did not want
to accept the result. Whether one agrees or disagrees with the referendum result is not the issue.