For Sale: HMV 130A Table Grand Gramophone - 5A Soundbox

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here
kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

For Sale: HMV 130A Table Grand Gramophone - 5A Soundbox

Post by kirtley2012 »

I'm selling off a couple of things to raise some funds, amongst them is this great little HMV 130A.

It plays great, and is in good all original condition, the 5A soundbox is in great condition, the back is in good shape, there's a couple paint chips but that's all, it has a HMV 32 double spring motor which has been re-greased.
Original finish in good shape, I've wiped it down but otherwise haven't touched it, I've used the flash to emphasize any wear or damage.
The grille has some fabric damage but it's not too bad, wood is in good condition, nickel plating in good shape.

See below for a video of this gramophone playing, it's a great sounding table gramophone that doesn't take up too much room.

(Double-click the video above or click this link to go to the video on YouTube.)

Asking £200 plus shipping, send me your location and your preferred carrier for a postage quote, of course collection from North Shields (Tyne & Wear) is welcome should anyone be near or passing by.

Any questions feel free to ask

soundgen
Victor V

Re: For Sale: HMV 130A Table Grand Gramophone - 5A Soundbox

Post by soundgen »

Hope you sell it BUT I doubt anyone here would want a basic easily found machine ! Your best bet is to sell the soundbox on Ebay the last one I put on made £140 and went to Japan , you can then use the rest for parts or put it in a local auction with a different soundbox and it will probably make £60