HMV Winder key storage clips

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here
Sherazhyder
Victor I
Personal Text: Another Gramophone Enthusiast

HMV Winder key storage clips

Post by Sherazhyder »

Hello! Does anyone can offer me HMV winder storage clips which are fixed in left lower corner of box lid of hmv 100, 101, 97 etc ?
Regards
Sheraz

Phono48
Victor IV

Re: HMV Winder key storage clips

Post by Phono48 »

Sherazhyder wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:16 am Hello! Does anyone can offer me HMV winder storage clips which are fixed in left lower corner of box lid of hmv 100, 101, 97 etc ?
Regards
Sheraz
Not quite sure exactly what you need here, because the winder storage clips on 100 were three separate spring clips on the motor board, and on the 97 there was one square clip screwed to back of the internal horn. Is it the triangular bit with hole for the end of the winding handle that was fitted to the later 101?

Sherazhyder
Victor I

Post by Sherazhyder »

Hi Phono48!
Apologies! I just noted that the winder clips are different for different models. Actually I am looking for the one which is with the hmv 97. My machine does not have the one so honestly I do not know its precise location. If you send me a pic I will have a better idea about it. And of course I need the clip as well. Looking forward to have your guidance.
Best regards
Sheraz

Phono48
Victor IV

Post by Phono48 »

Sherazhyder wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:04 pm If you send me a pic I will have a better idea about it.
This is the clip you need. The photo is of the one on a Columbia 204, which has an identical clip, but is easier to photograph, because the HMV one is in a more awkward place to take a picture of. If your gramophone is black, this is the one you need, but if it is a coloured version, the clip should be chromium plated. On the 97, it is screwed on the left side of the internal horn, just below the back end of the lid stay. You should find the original screw holes there.
Barry
Attachments
P1050663.JPG
P1050661.JPG

Sherazhyder
Victor I

Post by Sherazhyder »

Thanks for the pictures indicating the precise location of the storage. Yes , I found the holes for the screws of the clips in the body too. I hope this is going to make the search more easier.
Regards