Vittorio Monti - La Stella

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Lah Ca
Victor III

Vittorio Monti - La Stella

Post by Lah Ca »

Does anyone know if any recordings were made or exist of the Italian composer, Vittorio Monti's, Parisian mandolin and guitar group, La Stella.

The group was in existence around 1908 and maybe to 1913.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Vittorio Monti - La Stella

Post by Inigo »

A heart beat says it could be a Favorite recording artist... Do anyone know if there are Favorite record lists out there? Maybe also the German forum could help?
https://grammophon-platten.de/news.php
Just for starting at any place... :?:
Inigo

Lah Ca
Victor III

Post by Lah Ca »

Inigo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:56 pm A heart beat says it could be a Favorite recording artist... Do anyone know if there are Favorite record lists out there? Maybe also the German forum could help?
https://grammophon-platten.de/news.php
Just for starting at any place... :?:
My command of German is largely limited to ordering beer. I can sometimes read very simple German (if it is free from idioms). So with a bit of mild anxiety, I headed off to the link you posted, mouse hovering over the translate pop-up in my Vivaldi browser. But I could not find anything for Monti or La Stella using Suche.

Monti was not a particularly prolific composer - he seems to have better known for his violin and mandolin playing. He is now, for the most part, only remembered for his violin piece, Csárdás, which is a staple of pretty much every Romani orchestra going. I read about his group, La Stella, in a footnote in a book and then later in Monti's Wikipedia article. It sounded interesting. I started to wonder if it was ever recorded.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

You could simply ask a question in English, apologizing that you don't speak German. Many forum users understand English and may be able to help. I've seen question in Russian and other languages before as well. What's the worst that could happen?

Andreas