Starr Record #16452

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Dischoard
Victor II
Personal Text: Born in the wrong century...

Starr Record #16452

Post by Dischoard »

My wife called me from a local thrift store and said to me "can we talk records?" Nothing so amazing has ever come from her lips before this moment ;)

She said that she was standing in front of the box of 78 records, the same box that hadn't changed in over a month and still contained all the Columbia red label and Decca black label records that it held back in November. She told me that there was a sign on the box saying that it had been recently filled with new arrivals and asked if she could read me the labels and titles. It was the most fun I've ever had on a phone call. Plenty of old country and western records on the Okeh label and even a number of Bluebirds, but it was this batch of Canadian Starr releases that really got me interested. As a musician in a Celtic rock band I've actually gotten to know some of my Quebecois musician neighbors to the north and very much enjoy the tradition as it exists today. So finding these records from the 30s was a real find. I'm not sure if your tastes run in similar circles but if so I hope you enjoy "Reel Des Forgerons" by Tommy Duchesne Et Ses Chevaliers De Folklore recorded for Starr records number 16452 in Montreal, Quebec and played on my ca. 1926 Victor Victrola VV 8-30X Credenza that I picked up from Skihawx (still my favorite player to date!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AREONR83EWg

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Starr Record #16452

Post by epigramophone »

Great find by your wife. Valentine's Day is a couple of weeks away, so treat her to something nice.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

:D very nice and curious recording! Happy music!
Inigo

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

epigramophone wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:20 am Great find by your wife. Valentine's Day is a couple of weeks away, so treat her to something nice.
Ya, that one is special.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."