Records and machines in Germany anyone ?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Re: Records and machines in Germany anyone ?

Post by Inigo »

By the moment, the first phone number gives these results in Google:
Inigo

Inigo
Victor VI

Post by Inigo »

A search for Patrick Exner in Ratingen leads to a man of this name who has won a prize in a crosswords contest at the AWO association magazine in 2013! The association resides in Chemnitz, and the complete name is Arbeiterwohlfahrt Kreisverband Chemnitz und Umgebung e.V., meaning Workers' Welfare District Association Chemnitz and Surroundings.
:D :D :D
Let's see what photos this man provides of such a huge collection!

CMA lead by Patrick Carmona is a Brazilian import-export company.
TICI textile seems a company name related to Brazilian clothing fashion or something. The site name is reported by Google as unclaimed Dominion.
Inigo

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Dear Michael,

Tks for the email.Â

How are you?

My complete name is:

Patrick Exner de Carmona Esteves.

In Germany our family name is Exner, in Brazil we are Carmona is used.Â

On Monday I'll send a link, with catalog and pictures.Â

B. Rgs.Â

Em sáb., 13 de ago. de 2022 15:28, Michael Child <jmw.bedford@ntlworld.com> escreveu:

Hello Patrick

Just a couple of points

Is your surname Exner or Carmona ? You seem to use both

Can you send me the catalogue of items including pictures of the machines ?

Mike

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Dear Michael,

First of all, thank you again for your Help.

Unfortunately I can log in in your Chat:Â
The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator.

I'm very sad about some inappropriate comments about myself and our family, in the chat.

To make it clear, I'm a Lawyer in Brazil and we have a company in the Real State business.

My parents are German and I live in Brazil.Â

About the collection, It was from my Uncle Mr. Horst Exner, his collection is probably one of the 3 bigger in Germany.

Uncle Horst died a few months ago, and now I own the collection. The collection is our family House Germany.
Specifically we have a house in Ratingen-Breitscheid, and there is located the Hobby-Room with Uncles Horst Studio.

If the members from chat want to know about the collection they can talk with the owner of Nauck's Vintage Records.
He used to know my uncle Horst.

We also are beginning to schedule some appointments for those collectors who want to take a closer look at the collection,
the appointments are made by me, and our lawyer in Germany and our concierge will be glad to show the collection.

I"ll be in Germany in approximately 1 month, we already have a meeting with a Merchant for a valuation on the phonograph and
the gramophones, tubes etc...Â

In the link a sent, is just part of the gramophones, some are in our dining room. Also some will stay with me, such as the Edison C-250.

If any of your members need more information, you have my contact, and I can also give the contact from our lawyers in Germany.

Ps.: If any of those Gentlemens Like to Talk in other Languages, we could talk in Spanish, Portuguese, German and French.

Again thanks for your kindness and have a pleasant evening.
Â

PATRICK CARMONA
OAB/SC 21.180

PDC PARTICIPAÇÕESÂ
+ 55 47 3473-0566
+55 47 99971-2145

Em ter., 16 de ago. de 2022 Ã s 13:43, Patrick <patrick@tici.com.br> escreveu:

Dear Mr. Michael,

Here in the link you have some pictures and 3 books with some parts of the collection.

https://we.tl/t-RyIai0NEPK

B. Rgs.

PATRICK CARMONA
OAB/SC 21.180

PDC PARTICIPAÇÕESÂ
+ 55 47 3473-0566
+55 47 99971-2145

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

The mail exchange shows that the post is legitimate, and it carries the spiny question of how to dispose of our collections when we are gone. This case is particularly complicated by the intercontinental heirloom. As to the collection, the photos and notebooks show that it essentially consists of classical records. The gramophones shown in the photos are not particularly attractive to most collectors: few people collect Edison machines in Europe (me being one of them), and there are plenty of Edisons for sale in the UK. The external horn ones seem to be generic German machines. The record collection is problematic: I presume there are attractive records there, there is a small market for classical (mainly operatic records) but selling them retail does not seem to be an option for heirs that are probably mostly interested in vacating the house as soon as possible, and a wholesale deal will require buyers with lots of room to store the records and patience to sift through. Even assessing commercial value to records requires a very specific expertise, and therefore there are not many people available for such. In most cases, a collector is called, then he picks up the records that interest him and leaves the rest, calling them unsaleable and recommending the owner to send them to the dump. Maybe a large dealer like Nauck would be the one to buy these records, he is even cited in the mail from the Brazilian lawyer. Unfortunately there are no equivalent dealers in Europe, only small-time eBay traders.

Inigo
Victor VI

Post by Inigo »

:oops:
For Mr Carmona

As one member of this forum having judged your emails as suspicious, I'm very sorry and I apologise for my attitude. I hope from your kindness to forgive me, and will be happy to have you herein when your subscription finally works...
But I'll give you an explanation.
In the forum there have been several cases of spam and scam from new members, or emails offering good collections for sale, which were completely fraudulent, and have cheated some of us badly. The thing is that the only ways we know of distinguishing these frauds from authentic emails or messages, is what the cybernetic safety rules doctors tell us to detect. And unfortunately, your emails had several of the same symptoms, namely:
1) inconsistencies in names, addresses, etc
2) strange lettering and wording
3) no photos of the items for sale
4) offering contact by private emails or messages and not openly to the forum community
You'll see that all the warnings and red lights arise when reading your emails, at least the copies of them posted to the forum by Mr Child
This is not a justification of my extremely cautious attitude, but an explanation to clarify the reasons that made me suspect about your offering.
This said, I repeat my apologies and wish you the best luck with your proposal.
Inigo @ talking machine forum
Inigo

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Inigo wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:54 am :oops:
For Mr Carmona

As one member of this forum having judged your emails as suspicious, I'm very sorry and I apologise for my attitude. I hope from your kindness to forgive me, and will be happy to have you herein when your subscription finally works...
But I'll give you an explanation.
In the forum there have been several cases of spam and scam from new members, or emails offering good collections for sale, which were completely fraudulent, and have cheated some of us badly. The thing is that the only ways we know of distinguishing these frauds from authentic emails or messages, is what the cybernetic safety rules doctors tell us to detect. And unfortunately, your emails had several of the same symptoms, namely:
1) inconsistencies in names, addresses, etc
2) strange lettering and wording
3) no photos of the items for sale
4) offering contact by private emails or messages and not openly to the forum community
You'll see that all the warnings and red lights arise when reading your emails, at least the copies of them posted to the forum by Mr Child
This is not a justification of my extremely cautious attitude, but an explanation to clarify the reasons that made me suspect about your offering.
This said, I repeat my apologies and wish you the best luck with your proposal.
Inigo @ talking machine forum
Inigo scams and scammers are so prolific we are all unusually suspicious , so you are not at fault , I get dozens of email scams every week and report them regularly to report@phishing.gov.uk I am sure most countries have a similar reporting web site and we should all report scams , sometimes I get scams such as the one below and play them along for fun :D

To: William Steinmayer <wsteinmayer@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Checking Up

Hello Bill

Sorry for the delay in replying but I've been unable to access my email

sorry to hear about your niece it's very sad , unfortunately I can't do this until next week when I get my pension paid which would is too late for her birthday which is a great shame

Regards

Mike

At 22:19 15/08/2022, you wrote:

Glad you got back, I've been trying to purchase a $200 Razer gold eGift card for my niece, as it's her birthday. Unfortunately, she is diagnosed with stage 4 mesothelioma cancer, She had lost both parents to the disease (COVID-19) and I'd promise to get the card for her today but I have not been able to do that because the bank said they were having issues charging my card and would take a couple of days to get it sorted, please can you help me get this from your end; I'll refund it to you once my bank sorts the issue out. Let me know so I can send you, her email.

Bill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2022 7:19 PM
To: wsteinmayer@hotmail.com <wsteinmayer@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Checking Up

Why hello Bill ,

Haven't heard from you since

The Curse of Micah Rood in 2008 long time no see are you working again ?

How can I help ?

Regards

At 17:38 15/08/2022, you wrote:
>How are you? Hope everything is good with you.
>
>I need a little favor from you.
>Await your soonest response
>Bill

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Again: how do I report this hotmail scammer? :evil:

- Bill (the real one)

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

Lucius1958 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:03 pm Again: how do I report this hotmail scammer? :evil:

- Bill (the real one)
The real Bill Steinmayer from The Curse of Micah Rood in 2008? WOW ! :o