Record Label Transparencies

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Re: Record Label Transparencies

Post by MordEth »

Wolfe wrote:I already posted this in another thread, incase you want to use it for the gallery, here it is again.
Wolfe,

I’m off to a slow start on these, but here you go, done:

I have all of the other images posted here open in Photoshop, hopefully I’ll get caught up on this thread today. :D

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

I have scans of a different Banner label around here somewhere (burned onto DVD), but not this particular version:

The label that I scanned can be seen on YouTube videos here (Banner 1052, first issued circa early 1922). I’ll try to add it to this thread, soon.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Before I get sidetracked with other things, here is another of Wolfe’s labels:

Now available in avatar-size, and with more forthcoming...

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here’s another two from Wolfe:

More soon.

— MordEth

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Here is one from John’s collection, cut while at the MOCAPS meeting to demonstrate a simple method of cutting labels in Photoshop:

More soon!

— MordEth

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

Here is an interesting record I found in my collection.

Star Recrods Philadelphia, Pa.

Paul
Attachments
dcp_0001.jpg
dcp_0001.jpg (114.39 KiB) Viewed 1824 times

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Paul,

Thanks for posting that photograph—I had done a previous Star label, but not that one.

So here it is as a transparency, and I added it to the stock avatar gallery, as well:

From what I understand they printed their label in quite a few different colors.

— MordEth

Edisonfan
Victor V

Post by Edisonfan »

Your Welcome!

Paul

Edisonfan
Victor V

Post by Edisonfan »

Found this one just recently.
Attachments
dcp_0002_01.jpg

MordEth
Victor IV

Post by MordEth »

Paul,

Here’s the cut Madison label:

Which can now be found in the stock avatar gallery, both cut and as a rectangular image showing the red shellac...and I still have several of Wolfe’s to do, open in Photoshop.

Thanks for sharing the label photo!

— MordEth