Edison Wax Amberols

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Gatyam
Victor I

Edison Wax Amberols

Post by Gatyam »

Does anyone have a list of Edison wax amberols that were NOT reissued on Blue Amberols (or would know where to find such a list)?

Thanks!

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: Edison Wax Amberols

Post by marcapra »

I don't know if this book has that information, but Allen Sutton's book Edison Amberol Records is still available according to this website. But Mainspring Press went out of business, so you might want to check first.

https://www.bookwire.com/books/publishe ... ring-Press

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

marcapra wrote:I don't know if this book has that information, but Allen Sutton's book Edison Amberol Records is still available according to this website. But Mainspring Press went out of business, so you might want to check first.

https://www.bookwire.com/books/publishe ... ring-Press
AFAIK, Mainspring is still in business, but only to sell off the limited inventory they have left. They ceased printing and publication about a year ago, then had a flood that destroyed a lot of their inventory.

Both the Blue and Wax Amberol books include cross references to issues of the other type. They are quite useful tools to have.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

Mainspring IS still in business, in fact, I just got an email from Allan last night. And yes, those books are extremely valuable resources. I refer to them a couple of times a week.

Sean

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

There's a lot of things on wax Amberols that were never put on the Blue.It's a pity that Edison didn't go to using celluloid in 1908 rather than 4 years later.edisonplayer