Victor "Patti" label records

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Wolfe
Victor V

Re: Victor "Patti" label records

Post by Wolfe »

Viva-voce wrote:
78recordpicker wrote:Have never seen a Patti in the wild, very cool
Neither have I--none of the early "Patti" label pressings, at any rate. Occasionally, I've run across her records on a later Victor "patents" or even a bat-wing label. Although relatively uncommon, those later pressings aren't particularly valuable. Even first-issue pressings of most of the original "Melba", "Patti", and Tamagno titles, whether on G&T or Victor, while very collectable and nice to have, aren't terribly expensive, even in top condition.
Seems doubtful that would change either, as I think the market for low to middling level collectable 78 RPM operatic records has flatlined or is on the decline.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Wolfe wrote:
Viva-voce wrote:
78recordpicker wrote:Have never seen a Patti in the wild, very cool
Neither have I--none of the early "Patti" label pressings, at any rate. Occasionally, I've run across her records on a later Victor "patents" or even a bat-wing label. Although relatively uncommon, those later pressings aren't particularly valuable. Even first-issue pressings of most of the original "Melba", "Patti", and Tamagno titles, whether on G&T or Victor, while very collectable and nice to have, aren't terribly expensive, even in top condition.
Seems doubtful that would change either, as I think the market for low to middling level collectable 78 RPM operatic records has flatlined or is on the decline.
Seems the price on everything phono related is crashing... $200 Credenzas that take days to sell? :shock:

Yet the prices on eBay are what I call "crack pipe pricing".
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Viva-voce
Victor III

Post by Viva-voce »

Lol so true.
But prices for the rarer and more expensive records are still pretty good. I think that's true for many of the rarer and higher-end phonos as well.