New reading of Uncle Josh's Punkin' Center Stories.

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
edisonphonoworks
Victor IV
Personal Text: A new blank with authentic formula and spiral core!

New reading of Uncle Josh's Punkin' Center Stories.

Post by edisonphonoworks »

found this on Youtube Audio Book. He doesn't sound like Cal Stewart at all, but still has an interesting reading voice for the stories. He reads the entire book. Librivox Audiobook. Uncle Josh's Punkin' Center Stories. https://youtu.be/4zbTqcAyFLM

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Re: New reading of Uncle Josh's Punkin' Center Stories.

Post by kirtley2012 »

Very interesting to hear!
Shawn, Did you do a recording called Uncle Josh buys a television?, I seem to remember it somewhere in the back of my mind, unless I made it up, if you did have you got it recorded anywhere?

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

How about Uncle Josh buys a Tesla, or Cohen on the iPhone? :?
Best regards ... AZ*

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

"Uncle Josh and Aunt Nancy Put Up Airbnb Guests"

There is plenty of modern material out there for more Josh. I write a lot of fiction and may give it a try in case we need to see Punkin Center return...for 2020!

I just got "Uncle Josh Buys an Automobile" today on Victor from 1915. Can't wait to get home and play it--that one is a record I always thought was funny & would love to have.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Librivox does a great job of making audio books available to those who don't like to sit down and read a book, or like to listen to books during commutes or long drives. The readers are all volunteer, so no celebrity actors doing the reading. Usually the reader just reads the book in a complete monotone with no inflection or acting what so ever. So this makes this reading sound like the total opposite of the way Cal Stewart would perform it! "I taught public school and made love to the big girls" Wow, times have changed!

edisonphonoworks
Victor IV
Personal Text: A new blank with authentic formula and spiral core!

Post by edisonphonoworks »

I made several Uncle Josh cylinders for various collectors. I can record any variety of silly modern situations. Uncle Josh buys a computer in cylinder form has actually received air time on the Dr. Demento Show. Where he acquired the recording, maybe from Voice of America, or from the old MP3.com (probably). Did you know that MP3.com actually funded the sound lab at Edison National Historical Park, and purchased the Archeophone?

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Shawn, I treasure my copy of “Uncle Josh Visits Mike Sorter’s house,” written by Scott Corbett and Michael Khanchalian, and recorded by you at Union some years ago. It was a surprise for me for my birthday....and what a surprise it was! We were having one of our Golden State Phonograph meetings at Michael Khanchalian’s house, and he had announced to us that he was going to play a rare cylinder record he had acquired at Union. And then the cylinder was played. I’ll never forget it and how much it meant for my friends to do something so special for me! That cylinder is kept with my rarest and most valuable original brown wax Uncle Josh cylinder, Uncle Sam to George. It is just as important to me as that one! Thank you!

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA