Be My Little Baby Bumble-Bee Ada Jones Walter Van Brunt 1912

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
melvind
Victor IV

Be My Little Baby Bumble-Bee Ada Jones Walter Van Brunt 1912

Post by melvind »

A short time ago there was a topic on this forum discussing Slivertone records. I have a few but I am not sure I had ever listened to any of them. I looked them up, and this one was in great shape. The others were all very worn. They must have been played over and over and over from what they look like. I decided this one was good enough to transfer. A fun little vaudeville style song from a 1912 Ziegfeld show called "A Winsome Widow". I lean more towards later popular music, but this is a well recorded and I think I kind of like it.

This record was originally released on Columbia (as a two sided record) and carries the same matrix and is in fact that same side. The Silvertone record though is a one sided record. I imagine since Sears sold so many Columbia products, Columbia also pressed their brand records. It all makes sense.

(Double-click the video above or click this link to watch the video on YouTube in HD.)

https://youtu.be/xESAmWmR0vI

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Re: Be My Little Baby Bumble-Bee Ada Jones Walter Van Brunt

Post by Lucius1958 »

Nice! I have their version on BA.

- Bill

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

Good SQ.

Ada Jones and Billy Murray recorded this for Victor too.

I'm a fan of Ms. Jones from a long time back. One of my favorite pioneer recording perfomers.

Inigo
Victor VI
Personal Text: Keep'em well oiled

Post by Inigo »

It continues amazing me how clear and round some acoustic recordings can sound. Especially I find Columbia recordings very warm and nice to listen to. Thanks! A nice transfer!
Inigo