Less common types of Edison CYLINDERS info?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Phono_fan6014
Victor Jr
Personal Text: I have not failed, I have only found 10000 ways that didn't work

Less common types of Edison CYLINDERS info?

Post by Phono_fan6014 »

Hoping to hear from somebody that is knowledgeable on the less common types of Edison CYLINDERS. There are afew I was curious about but one would be the "SPECIAL" series.

ChesterCheetah18
Victor II

Re: Less common types of Edison CYLINDERS info?

Post by ChesterCheetah18 »

If memory serves correctly, the Specials were included (six, I think) when one bought a combination attachment kit to convert a 2 minute machine to 2-4 minute machine.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Start here. There are other similar threads if you search the board.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25959&hilit=+amberol+special

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Not Edison, but there’s those extra long Columbia cylinder format. I don’t know how rare they are, but those and something to play concert cylinders on are the only format machines I still don’t have.

Then there are the Busy Bee records that are slightly too big to play on a regular machine. You have to play it on some sort of modified Columbia Q (not sure if other busy bee models are out there)

I think Pathé had their own large cylinder format also?

edisonphonoworks
Victor IV
Personal Text: A new blank with authentic formula and spiral core!

Post by edisonphonoworks »

I have entered the world of Concert cylinders, I have an Edison Concert, (well it is more of a duplex as it can play both small and large cylinders.) and I finally got that AG working too! When did Columbia stop making 5" cylinders, and Edison. I have an Edison recording by Byron G Harlan circa 1903-1904 on Concert format, and those were supposed to be dubbed form Gold Moulded records via pant-o-graph, but it is louder and clearer than any Gold Moulded I have heard.
Attachments
Columbia AG, that I never thought would play, now plays.
Columbia AG, that I never thought would play, now plays.
Edison Concet (more of a duplex, capable of playing and recording both kinds of cylinders, I have the flat carriage for playing standard records too, and a carriage for accepting trailing type, advance ball studio recorders.  The case is new, made by a friend of mine.  The bed plate, I need to restore.
Edison Concet (more of a duplex, capable of playing and recording both kinds of cylinders, I have the flat carriage for playing standard records too, and a carriage for accepting trailing type, advance ball studio recorders. The case is new, made by a friend of mine. The bed plate, I need to restore.