Podcast Stopped/Re-Start

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Marc Hildebrant
Victor II
Personal Text: Vic-Trolla

Podcast Stopped/Re-Start

Post by Marc Hildebrant »

Group,

I have terminated my Podcast (Vic_Trolla) at this time due to a lack of interest.

Marc

Update: I will be restarting them with a redo reflecting comments I have received. Let me know if you have any other comments.

Marc
Last edited by Marc Hildebrant on Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfe
Victor V

Re: Podcast Stopped

Post by Wolfe »

That's disappointing news.

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

The problem is a lot of people did not know about. You need to plug it once in a while. Tom

BillH_NJ
Victor II

Post by BillH_NJ »

That’s too bad.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I've never been the kind of guy who listens to podcasts--I just don't like having the constant background noise of them. But even I thought you had a cool podcast. The matter of the acoustic enhancement was pretty neat; it was an interesting what-if experiment, like colorizing an old film. Sorry to hear you ended up dropping it. I bet if your podcast was mentioned on a bigger or more popular one, that it would go to more people. Have you thought of contacting some popular 78 collectors in Instagram & asking if they could do a partnership or at least mention your podcast on their Instagram feed?

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

That's what I thought too. Needs more promotion.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

What's a podcast? Seriously, I don't know. I've heard the word of course, but I have no idea what constitutes a podcast. I'm a bit lost if it ain't got a crank... :?

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

JerryVan wrote:What's a podcast? Seriously, I don't know. I've heard the word of course, but I have no idea what constitutes a podcast. I'm a bit lost if it ain't got a crank... :?
It is basically a recorded radio program (sound only, no video), that you can hear any time you want by clicking on the file in the website that hosts it.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

CarlosV wrote:
JerryVan wrote:What's a podcast? Seriously, I don't know. I've heard the word of course, but I have no idea what constitutes a podcast. I'm a bit lost if it ain't got a crank... :?
It is basically a recorded radio program (sound only, no video), that you can hear any time you want by clicking on the file in the website that hosts it.
Thanks! I guess I've listened to podcasts then and didn't even know it. Too many buzz words to keep track of!