Too bad more young people are not interested

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Too bad more young people are not interested

Post by epigramophone »

In 60 years collecting I have come across very few examples of the "hermit" mentality.

Until Covid spoiled my social life there was hardly a week when I would not meet one of my collector friends, either at my home or theirs. Every month five or six of us would meet for an afternoon, playing records and solving the problems of the world. Every couple of months the CLPGS West of England Group, of which I am Chairman, would meet in a member's home for a presentation of records by the host, followed by afternoon tea and records brought by the guests. The group has not been able to meet since March 2020, and is much missed by all the regular attendees.

Restrictions in England are set to be lifted in late June, so I am now making tentative plans to relaunch the group later this year.

Marc Hildebrant
Victor II
Personal Text: Vic-Trolla

Post by Marc Hildebrant »

donniej

The acoustic records have a real challenge to add bass. In my podcast #21 I demonstrate a method I developed to add back some of the missing low frequencies to music. It's also covered in my Music Handbook in the advance section.

Marc

poodling around
Victor V

Post by poodling around »

epigramophone wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:36 am In 60 years collecting I have come across very few examples of the "hermit" mentality.

Until Covid spoiled my social life there was hardly a week when I would not meet one of my collector friends, either at my home or theirs. Every month five or six of us would meet for an afternoon, playing records and solving the problems of the world. Every couple of months the CLPGS West of England Group, of which I am Chairman, would meet in a member's home for a presentation of records by the host, followed by afternoon tea and records brought by the guests. The group has not been able to meet since March 2020, and is much missed by all the regular attendees.

Restrictions in England are set to be lifted in late June, so I am now making tentative plans to relaunch the group later this year.
What's not to like ?

These young people will all get it eventually :D

https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-hermits/kellen-perry